• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does GLM alter the sound other than trimming peaks/boosting nulls?

OP
RobL

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Could you please post the filters applied by GLM, looks like 2 shelving ones above 500 Hz?
Yep, I’ll put them up when I’m home later. I actually lied…I had a look at Sound Character Profiler and I had a 3dB bass boost dialed in. I’m still not sure what’s up with the higher frequencies…would a bad microphone cause this?

Rntlee

Here's the filters GLM applied and Sound Character Profiler target curve. GLM's predicted correction as well:
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (5).png

Rntlee

Sorry, laptop logged me into old account. Only use it for GLM and REW, I usually use my iPad :) It's me "RobL"

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
@RobL Did you find out what caused the issue?

Ecksbocks

Measured my right speaker in REW with GLM (green) and without GLM (blue)...what the heck is GLM doing? no wonder I find it dull sounding!

View attachment 300070

No filters or shelves other than what GLM applied for correction.
I assume you're the OP. When I look at your SCP window it's set to "manual" and the HF shelf is set 660 hz, that's corresponding perfectly to the your REW measurements. Can't be sure of course but that indicates that the high shelf is active despite set to 0. It have never happened to me but it sure seem to be a bug. And 5 dB at 6k will sound dull indeed.

Good luck, I hate when these kind of issues takes up a whole day!

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In this case delete your entire profile and start fresh. Doesn’t take but 5 minutes.

OP
RobL

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In this case delete your entire profile and start fresh. Doesn’t take but 5 minutes.
Yeah, this was my fault. Speaker’s DIP was set to stored and there was an old calibration in there with a high shelf. GLM was just doing it’s thing but the dumbass on the computer didn’t check the switches! :facepalm:

Top Bottom