• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does buying an SACD player make sense, if yes any recommendations?

raif71

Major Contributor
I did not mean that because I was discussing playing/ripping factory-made SACDs. OTOH, I not presume that any modern player will "play sacd discs that are burned from iso sacds."
Noted...will bring along some sacd discs to a sony store to try them out. :)

mkt

I've only used the PS3 or an Oppo, so I have no hand's on experience with the Sony sleep method. That said, yes, it is the "sleep mode" I was referring to. Also, it is not clear to me how that affects multiple rips. Does it mean that one has to re-insert the USB again and/or re-sleep the drive? I do not know but I do know that none of that applies to the Oppo procedure.
My experience with a $40 Sony S5100 is that it stays in “ripping mode” for a finite number of rips. Somewhat annoying but it works. I may not be doing the “click your heels three times” sequence exactly right.

David Harper

I own a like new OPPO UDP 203(bought it new) that I have used only rarely and I love the thing but if someone were to offer me a LOT of money for it.........................

Top Bottom