• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do USB Cables Make an Audible Difference (Kimber Kable Review)?

Luca_

This is the null hypothesis. The burden of proof isn't with the person who says "data is data and a $500 cable won't change that". The burden of proof is with the person who claims their $500 cable will make your system sound better.
the burden of proof is necessary for every claim.
avoid wasting time and words if you are not prepared.
learn to measure everything if you want to make comparisons, if you are not able to measure shut up

SuicideSquid

Addicted to Fun and Learning
the burden of proof is necessary for every claim.
avoid wasting time and words if you are not prepared.
learn to measure everything if you want to make comparisons, if you are not able to measure shut up
The data has been provided. It shows no difference. If you think the data is wrong, the burden is with you. And try to be at least a little bit civil.

Luca_

The data has been provided. It shows no difference. If you think the data is wrong, the burden is with you. And try to be at least a little bit civil.

are you asking me to be civil?
it is you who make nonsense statements.
if you are not able to simulate an event in its entirety how can you hope that the simulation of one of its parts is the bearer of truth?

have you understood or not that all the tests that are carried out in the audio world are useless?

when the whole chain is 100% simulated then we will start talking, otherwise it's just bar talk.

here I see only partial measurements, no one is able to make complete measurements.

yours are just style exercises that have nothing to do with scientific research

dfuller

Major Contributor
ARE YOU ABLE TO PROVE THIS STATEMENT SCIENTIFICALLY?

OR BELIEVE YOU ARE THE USUAL EINSTEIN...
First of all, stop typing in all caps. It's the equivalent of shouting.

Second of all, yes. Bits are bits. It either works or it doesn't. It will either transmit the audio perfectly, or it will have problems - pops, crackles, glitched audio. This isn't complex.

when the whole chain is 100% simulated then we will start talking, otherwise it's just bar talk.
The measurements are from a DAC connected via USB. Nothing is changed but the cable. This is not complex.

Luca_

First of all, stop typing in all caps. It's the equivalent of shouting.

Second of all, yes. Bits are bits. It either works or it doesn't. It will either transmit the audio perfectly, or it will have problems - pops, crackles, glitched audio. This isn't complex.

The measurements are from a DAC connected via USB. Nothing is changed but the cable. This is not complex.
you're just talking nonsense, a lot of things have changed along with the cable...

trivially: did you reproduce the exact same conditions of temperature and humidity?

do you have scientific evidence that these do not affect transmission?

do you have evidence that this does not affect the sound?

I have written too much, it is time for you to review your paradigms

SuicideSquid

Addicted to Fun and Learning
you're just talking nonsense, a lot of things have changed along with the cable...

trivially: did you reproduce the exact same conditions of temperature and humidity?

do you have scientific evidence that these do not affect transmission?

do you have evidence that this does not affect the sound?

I have written too much, it is time for you to review your paradigms
Temperature and humidity?

You can't be serious. I'm calling it now: this is a comedy/troll account.

skraz

This isn't my first rodeo, to troll more successfully you need to at least come across as asking genuine questions, you just make the questions problematic.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
you can see that your studies were not enough to open your mind, as they say here ... pearls to swine ..

Ok...that's plenty.

24ac024d-4e58-4e02-9367-52fafc5a2c8f_text.gif

Top Bottom