• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do I need two power supplies for the Sanskrit 10th MKII? If I am not using USB audio in.

Hotwetrat

Hi,

Slightly confused and nothing is clear.

After some research I discovered the SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII worked noticebaly better if you added an aux power supply, and IMO, it is noticeable.

So using USB in and an aux power supply - but what if only using optical in? As in I don't have a USB audio connection to the device

I am not using the USB in, so, I am confused, in general.

EDIT: Actually can someone recommend a power supply because I have no idea what I'm doing... Currently it's plugged into a USB wall outlet - no idea if this is appropriate. It doesn't matter how many times I read the manual note (and it has been many) I simply don't understand it.

Last edited:

krott5333

If you're not using the USB function, plug the usb power into the "usb aux" port. I believe it's the one on top.

Yes a regular wall outlet is fine. I read somewhere that a 5v charger is recommended. I think mine is 2 amps, 5 volts. Likely any wall charger would work.

Loathecliff

Quote OP "SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII worked noticebaly better if you added an aux power supply, and IMO, it is noticeable."

With a DBT?

Top Bottom