• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIgital Audio vs Analog Test

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello @Dinesh Menon,

I thank you so much for your kind attention and encouraging words on my DSP-based multichannel multi-SP-driver multi-amplifier fully active stereo audio project with 3-way SPs (woofer, midrange, tweeter) plus supertweeters and L&R subwoofers.

I could find and read your mentioned thread in HiFiVision Forum; I appreciate your introduction of my tiny efforts on supertweeter's physical positioning. Your and your friends' visit and participation on my project thread as well as responses to my posts on other threads (like here) on ASR Forum will be much welcome and appreciated.

Just for all of your convenience, I prepared and periodically renew Hyperlink Index here on the project thread and here as independent thread for my project thread.

As you would kindly notice, my approach in my multichannel audio project is a kind of "optimal compromisation of objective measurements/tunings and subjective listening/tunings" using my own audio gears in my own listening room acoustics, and I would like to share not only theoretical (speculative) aspects but also and more importantly what I have actually done during my step-by-step audio exploration including some detours I went through.;)

Furthermore, I have been taking my efforts in sharing easy-to-be-understood photos and diagrams on my project thread and in my posts on other threads; yes, one nice photo or diagram worths more than 1,000 words.

Just for your further reference and possible interest, your visits and participations on my other threads under the below spoiler cover will be also highly welcome.:D

My best wishes to you too.

Last edited:

Dinesh Menon

Hello @Dinesh Menon,

I thank you so much for your kind attention and encouraging words on my DSP-based multichannel multi-SP-driver multi-amplifier fully active stereo audio project with 3-way SPs (woofer, midrange, tweeter) plus supertweeters and L&R subwoofers.

I could find and read your mentioned thread in HiFiVision Forum; I appreciate your introduction of my tiny efforts on supertweeter's physical positioning. Your and your friends' visit and participation on my project thread as well as responses to my posts on other threads (like here) on ASR Forum will be much welcome and appreciated.

Just for all of your convenience, I prepared and periodically renew Hyperlink Index here on the project thread and here as independent thread for my project thread.

As you would kindly notice, my approach in my multichannel audio project is a kind of "optimal compromisation of objective measurements/tunings and subjective listening/tunings" using my own audio gears in my own listening room acoustics, and I would like to share not only theoretical (speculative) aspects but also and more importantly what I have actually done during my step-by-step audio exploration including some detours I went through.;)

Furthermore, I have been taking my efforts in sharing easy-to-be-understood photos and diagrams on my project thread and in my posts on other threads; yes, one nice photo or diagram worths more than 1,000 words.

Just for your further reference and possible interest, your visits and participations on my other threads under the below spoiler cover will be also highly welcome.:D

So kind of you Sir, for acknowledging my words. It was my pleasure in introducing you in our forum, it was a brief introduction as my words can't cover your stupendous audio projects.
Instead I invited our FMs to visit your posts to get sonic enlightenment.
I admire your Shokunin Spirit.
I will keep liking your posts and keep learning a lot.
Namaste. Arigatou gozaimasu.

Dinesh Menon

Hello @Dinesh Menon,

You are right Sir.
Just words won't do justice.
Photos of your fabulous audio systems reveal the beauty and the beast.
While the diagrams display the performance parameters.

OP
Dismayed

Dismayed

People tell themselves stories all the time. I enjoy playing records because it's fun. I am under no misconceptions about the inherent limitations and compromises in SQ. Actually, one of the best things about the PA Puffin is the 'magic' declicker, which in real time removes much of the snap/crackle/pop that is also inherent to the medium to some degree.

I would have thought that after the whole MoFi 'thing,' that the all analog, all the time, start to finish or I get the vapors crowd might have settled down, but probably not.
There’s nothing wrong with enjoying the process. I still print from negatives in a darkroom.

Top Bottom