• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Different brand same amp?

Katji

Major Contributor
power = wattage

Same. The circuit/boards are the same.

[quote,how loud they can play and power supply,adapter

Some amps comes with a 24 v power supply and some has a 32 volt power supply, there might even be one that comes with 19 volt instead of 24 or 32 instead of a 24 volt power supply
Then you check, you check the package that is advertised, you send message to the supplier asking about the SMPS. "might even be" !You check, you ask, you find out! Otherwise you assume the same!

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I'm not talking about "more or the less the same." In this case (i.e. the amplifier/s you showed in post #1) they are the same, only the face plate and fonts [of labels] are different.
When you understand the China manufacturing situation, and you see those photos of the products, it is obvious.
So you know better obviously...

Katji

Major Contributor
Maybe you know better and you can explain better. Maybe housings are same with different face plates but the boards inside are actually different?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Maybe you know better and you can explain better. Maybe housings are same with different face plates but the boards inside are actually different?
I mean. It's not that clear cut. I'm not saying it's 100% this or that. But be cautious. This raises question, yes. So the next step should be reaching out to the manufacturer and see what they say about it. If you look at the counterfeit D10 case, it's much closer than these.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/aimpire-ad10-fake-topping-d10-dac.11244/
Also refer to counterfeit sp200 https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/audio-am01d/

Last edited:

egellings

Major Contributor
There are probably a very small number of suppliers like Hypex that supply a standard selection of switchmode amplifier modules to the home audio industry. The modules are difficult to properly design, so it makes sense to just second-source them from trusted suppliers. They'll all sound more alike than different.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
There are probably a very small number of suppliers like Hypex that supply a standard selection of switchmode amplifier modules to the home audio industry. The modules are difficult to properly design, so it makes sense to just second-source them from trusted suppliers. They'll all sound more alike than different.
Hypex, Icepower yes. Not with chip amps. Ti and ST etc have open reference circuits that end manufacturers can make and build from.

egellings

Major Contributor
By 'module', I mean a small PCB utilizing either discrete or chip-based or combination of device electronics. Suppliers you mention supply the chips used in the PCBs.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
By 'module', I mean a small PCB utilizing either discrete or chip-based or combination of device electronics. Suppliers you mention supply the chips used in the PCBs.
If you can make a solution yourself the cost is automatically lower so no modules for chip amps.
With purifi, hypex, icepower they only offer full modules so themselves can make money. No company would buy modules if they can buy the chip.

eas

There are (were?) plenty of Chinese class-D amp modules available, but most of the finished amps like these seem to use purpose-built, integrated boards. The one exception is the bluetooth functionality. Many, but not all, seem to use small PCB modules.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A week or 2 i have read alot more on ASR on class d amps, some i think are basically the same despite different brand

How do we know what amp to buy ? I think if theres a difference we would like to buy the best version, of course there could be a difference in price and what power supply it comes with 24v 4.5 a or mabye 32v 5a, that's just easy to see, what about the differences we can't see before we buy one ?

View attachment 144647View attachment 144648
View attachment 144649

The fosi amp has a better/bigger bt antenna

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Another one of these amps suca audio is a paart of douk audio,nobsound as i remember

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/full...a-2x90w-4-ohm-bluetooth-50-black-p-15362.html

suca-audio-da-2120c-class-d-fda-amplifier-tas5352a-2x90w-4-ohm-bluetooth-50-black.jpg

Last edited:

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Just got reply from Aiyima.
'We are the factory, and they are all made to order from us.'

I am not exactly certain what the latter half means. But I guess it's saying they are all made by Aiyima. I replied for further confirmation.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
There are (were?) plenty of Chinese class-D amp modules available, but most of the finished amps like these seem to use purpose-built, integrated boards. The one exception is the bluetooth functionality. Many, but not all, seem to use small PCB modules.
For end user to DIY yes. Not for companies to integrate like purifi, hypex etc.

Top Bottom