• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dell XPS 8930 RealTek HD Audio Interface Review

staticV3

Master Contributor
Whatever IEMs. The setup is plz one with impedance 16 ohm, and one around 32 ohm.
Whatever IEMs makes no sense.

I can find you a 16Ω IEM and a 32Ω IEM that will not care about 130Ω output impedance at all, and I can find you some that'll be affected massively.

It all depends on the specific IEM model.

I can find you a 16Ω IEM and a 32Ω IEM that will not care about 130Ω output impedance at all, and I can find you some that'll be affected massively.

Ok, I have a QKZ HBB and a KZ Castor Standard ver!

staticV3

Master Contributor
Ok, I have a QKZ HBB and a KZ Castor Standard ver!
I couldn't find impedance response measurements for either of them.

Without those, the frequency response impact of a high output impedance Amp cannot be predicted.

If you can find impedance response measurements, feel free to link them and I'll calculate the effect for you.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Can you test the affect of soundcard to some IEMs. I predicted the fluctuations that.
I am suspecting that my laptop interface is adjusting iems much more than Apple dongle follow the unpredicted trends
Yes because the laptop output likely has higher output impedance and IEMs are usually more vulnerable to changed output impedance. This is because so many of them use BA and BA drivers really don't like mismatched impedance.
Apple Dongle has really low impedance even if it doesn't have much power. So it won't affect the actual frequency response but it definitely can affect other aspects.

Yes because the laptop output likely has higher output impedance and IEMs are usually more vulnerable to changed output impedance. This is because so many of them use BA and BA drivers really don't like mismatched impedance.
Apple Dongle has really low impedance even if it doesn't have much power. So it won't affect the actual frequency response but it definitely can affect other aspects.
I love the ability of laptop soundcard to adjust musicality of IEMs, the music is more soulful. And because it is no any right or wrong a frequency response is, you know, so my laptop is absolutely innocent. When listening to music we always want it is more soulful. And I can not feel a lifeless music emitted.

Last edited:

Jimster480

Major Contributor

Most of them do care.

I love the ability of laptop soundcard to adjust musicality of IEMs, the music is more soulful. And because it is no any right or wrong a frequency response is, you know, so my laptop is absolutely innocent. When listening to music we always want it is more soulful. And I can not feel a lifeless music emitted.
This literally makes no sense. Typically mismatched output impedance also affects driver phase and causes higher distortion in some headphones.
So basically everything about it is just worse than having lower output impedance... To me my laptops always sound like garbage, even compared to my ancient FiiO K1 that cost me $40 in 2016. I literally carry my FiiO K1 in my laptop bag for use with the laptop instead of the headphone jack. No matter which of my laptops I take with me.

Most of them do care.

This literally makes no sense. Typically mismatched output impedance also affects driver phase and causes higher distortion in some headphones.
So basically everything about it is just worse than having lower output impedance... To me my laptops always sound like garbage, even compared to my ancient FiiO K1 that cost me $40 in 2016. I literally carry my FiiO K1 in my laptop bag for use with the laptop instead of the headphone jack. No matter which of my laptops I take with me.
Ok br. I'm fond of digital media player that very old now. How is quality of an iPod now? Bro.

Last edited:

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Ok br. I'm fond of digital media player that very old now. How is quality of an iPod now? Bro.
Sound quality of an iPod? Depends on which iPod. Some of the iPods have high end audio chipsets that still perform quite well today, especially with IEMs.

Top Bottom