• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dekoni Pads - Elite Sheepskin or Fenestrated Sheepskin

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Fenestrated Sheepskin stinks so bad, not sure about elite.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Fenestrated Sheepskin stinks so bad, not sure about elite.
My only thought is that the sheep couldn’t have been that elite if it ended up as a part of a headphone:D

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
HE4XX. I find the stock pads itchy so looking at alternatives.

Either will most certainly change the sound of the headphones. The Dekoni hybrids would have the least change of the lot, but still some. But if you are looking to avoid any velour (dekoni velour isnt anywhere near as "cheap car seat" as the stock) - I would go with the sheepskin- solid inner surface like the stock pads

Edit, wrong by me. On the stock, the fabric wraps from the ring that touches your head round inside the ring.

Last edited:
OP
Acerun

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I found this on the Dekoni site:

Attachments

• Dekoni-HE400i-Comp-2048x1107.png
    Dekoni-HE400i-Comp-2048x1107.png
    545.3 KB · Views: 302
OP
Acerun

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Either will most certainly change the sound of the headphones. The Dekoni hybrids would have the least change of the lot, but still some. But if you are looking to avoid any velour (dekoni velour isnt anywhere near as "cheap car seat" as the stock) - I would go with the sheepskin- solid inner surface like the stock pads
But the stock pads don't have a solid inner surface. They have all fabric inside.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

mSpot

Fenestrated Sheepskin stinks so bad
The Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskin I bought from Drop for HD6XX are essentially odorless (smell similar to leather if you put your nose right against it). I chose fenestrated with the thought that they might keep my ears cooler than Elite Sheepskin when wearing headphones, but without a comparison I don't know if this is actually the case.

OP
Acerun

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskin I bought from Drop for HD6XX are essentially odorless (smell similar to leather if you put your nose right against it). I chose fenestrated with the thought that they might keep my ears cooler than Elite Sheepskin when wearing headphones, but without a comparison I don't know if this is actually the case.
Did you find that they increased the bass? Any other changes to be aware of?

mSpot

Did you find that they increased the bass? Any other changes to be aware of?
I bought them for fit and comfort, and they were successful for me in that regard. I would say that sonic changes are at most very subtle. I think there may have been a very small increase in bass due to a better seal with the memory foam, but it isn't obvious.

bigjacko

Wow nice for you, my pads for HD800 is so stink that even after a few months you can still smell the odor. I had the same thought as you hoping the fenestrated sheepskin would be cooler, but I still feel hot....., but would be ok for winter use.

bigjacko

I found this on the Dekoni site:
Oratory1990 had measured HD800 fenestrated sheepskin and found it has very different frequency change to what Dekoni posted, so I would not easily believe Dekoni's posting here.

Top Bottom