• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAP for home use to output DSD via USB

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
Your description sounds more like a streamer than a DAP. A DAP normally fits in your pocket or bag and connects by wire or Bluetooth to headphones and you can use it in the woods or underground where there is no WiFi or cellphone signal.

But you are right, the boundaries are vague because facilities keep being added to devices.

Have you looked at Wiim products?

OP
S

SonOfSine

Ah, thanks for the clarification on terminology. I will try reposting in the appropriate subforum.

Just had a quick look at the Wiim specs, and I don’t see anything about USB output. Looks like a great little amp, though. Integrated power supply is a nice touch!

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
Ah, thanks for the clarification on terminology. I will try reposting in the appropriate subforum.

Just had a quick look at the Wiim specs, and I don’t see anything about USB output. Looks like a great little amp, though. Integrated power supply is a nice touch!
There are lots of Wiim products check them all out.

You might also find something like an old phone or iPad an alternative.

OldTimer

DAP in the market usually portable. My DAP is Cayin N3. Although it’s portable, besides can be used as USB DAC and Bluetooth DAC, it also can output SPDIF Coaxial using this cable:
IMG_0968.png

Top Bottom