• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Damaged KEF LS60W Woofers - Aesthetic or Measurable?

Danaxus

Please look away if a photo can cause you physical pain.
As to the how: toddler. And on that note, anyone here looking to adopt?

Is this damage just aesthetic, or do I need to send the speaker back to KEF for repairs?

IMG_8315.JPG

nerdstrike

Sad indeed! I'm looking forward to lacquer devastation in my future... I would recommend soaking up the effects and waiting a couple of years before fixing.

Chances are you would have to pay for an entire opposed driver pair, and I expect toddlers can repeat an experiment...

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I just looks cosmetic and obviously you're not hearing anything wrong or you wouldn't ask.

As to the how: toddler
My license plate frame used to say, "No wife, No Kids, No Pets, No Problems". I got a lot of laughs!

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My license plate frame used to say, "No wife, No Kids, No Pets, No Problems". I got a lot of laughs!
After that your cried yourself to sleep at home. :D

D

Deleted member 48726

Just accept that HiFi needs to be put away until the offspring has grown a certain amount..

An alternative is an "all included" insurance which covers such things. They exist. At a price.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I personally doubt that at such a woofer which isn't crossed high it would make really audible difference but only measurements in the end will show, if you have measurement mic and a PC you could do some nearfield measurements of both the damaged and non damaged drivers and compare them.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've seen much worse. It will be OK but if you care about replacing them make sure you don't wait too long because the parts inventory doesn't stick around forever these days. Buy new stuff and then put it on the top shelf set away for a rainy day when you want to put in the new ones. Frequency sweep the speakers as they sit now and check for resonances or buzzes in the woofer.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All go and no show. Don't worry that kid will give you many more challenges, just an early test of your fortitude. Mine is 27 and still there are issues. Bet they sound fine.

Top Bottom