• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dali Opticon MK2 series released

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
https://www.dali-speakers.com/products/opticon-mk2/

They say the hybrid tweeter module is improved with a new ribbon tweeter and slightly larger dome tweeter which can play deeper than the previous dome. Unlike with the Focal Aria K2 specs for their 936, which are identical to the original Aria 936, the crossover frequencies are slightly different on Opticon 8 MK2 vs. the Opticon 8. They also claim improvements in the porting. I wonder if this is the same situation as with the new Focal Aria K2, i.e., with most people here believing it will not be much different from the prior version. Perhaps some good deals may show up on the original Opticon series models!

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Does it only look to me that the newer one has a larger tweeter chamfer/waveguide which interestingly they don't mention? ;)

Old:

1607296920097.png

New:

1607296937241.png

OP
MarcT

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Top Bottom