• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC with EQ for TV?

skam22

Hi,
I recently bought the Edifier R2750DB. It's connected to my TV via TRS to RCA cable.
I'd like to have more control over the sound by adding a DAC. And use toslink out from TV to toslink input on the DAC and from DAC to speaker via RCA.

So I was browsing the web for a DAC that has EQ setting and came across Sound Blaster X5.

The specs looks good and it has 10-band customizable EQ.
Anyone here familiar with this particular model? Or do you know a good DAC with EQ settings within similar price range?

staticV3

Master Contributor
The X5 only has a simple Graphic Equalizer, which would limit your ability to do proper room correction.

Some alternatives with proper Parametric EQ, at a cheaper price would be the miniDSP 2x4 HD, or a Raspberry Pi running CamillaDSP with a Hifime S2 Digi for I/O.

OP
S

skam22

I like the idea but it's a bit challenging to go with Raspberry Pi setup.
I have a spare a android phone. I'm thinking if it's possible to use that for EQ adjustment.

Top Bottom