• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dac/amp for headphones and IEM with toslink

faheem

Forum Donor
I'm currently using a JDS Labs ODAC/ Objective 2 combo, and am looking to replace it as I need toslink in. I plan on connecting my tv to dac. Prefer something similar to the Odac combo size.

Will be using a variety of iem/headphones from iem as low as 3 ohm (Empire Ears Valkyrie) to as high as 300 (Sennheiser HD650)

3125b

Major Contributor
Seems like the Topping E30/L30 stack would be ideal due to a very low noise floor and very low gain (plus remote control digital volume control) options, yet sufficient power reserves for all common headphones.
I don't know if you could find a Toslink to USB converter (the other way round is common), but if you can you might try that if it's sufficiently cheap to be worthwhile compared to a new stack.

Last edited:
OP
F

faheem

Forum Donor
Seems like the Topping E30/L30 stack would be ideal due to a very low noise floor and very low gain (plus remote control digital volume control) options, yet sufficient power reserves for all common headphones.
I don't know if you could find a Toslink to USB converter (the other way round is common), but if you can you might try that if it's sufficiently cheap to be worthwhile compared to a new stack.

I've tried finding info on toslink to usb converters/adapters, but haven't had any luck . Tv is android os and can connect via usb audio but the volume is extremely low.

Top Bottom