• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

D-6 driver for windows 7x64

ursus2

Hello all,

I just bought an SMSL D-6 that I intend to use on the USB input of a Windows 7 x64 computer. All drivers installed so far do not see my D-6. I don't even see it in the device manager. It seems like the cable is defective, but I tried several cables. The connection via Bluetooth doesn't work either, but Bluetooth via Android or Apple phone is ok.

AudiOhm

Hello all,

I just bought an SMSL D-6 that I intend to use on the USB input of a Windows 7 x64 computer. All drivers installed so far do not see my D-6. I don't even see it in the device manager. It seems like the cable is defective, but I tried several cables. The connection via Bluetooth doesn't work either, but Bluetooth via Android or Apple phone is ok.
After the driver install from SMSL, did you reboot your Windows device?

Ohms

RichardDLO

Windows 7 drivers would not have been upgraded since end off life 2015, end of support 2020. The vendor tags would not even be recognized and a lot of thing have changed in the bluetooth arena since then .

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I would try and see if the D6 works via USB on Android. If that worked, that means you might need to reinstall windows.

OP
U

ursus2

@RichardDLO:
I use Bluetooth from Windows 7 x64 without any problem with any device I tried, only with D-6 it doesn't work.

AudiOhm

Did you purchase new or used?

Ohms

AudiOhm

Sounds like a computer issue, time to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10...

Ohms

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
Honestly I don't which driver you installed.

According to the driver page there is drivers for a "specific model", which I don't know each model gets it own link that directs to the same file. Since its XMOS, I think Topping also uses that so I would assume that the "specific model" drivers are also only for Windows 10 and above.

They do offer a Windows 7 driver (at the bottom of the page) but I don't see the D6 listed on that readme file. The Windows 7 driver was last updated 1 year and a day ago. Although in the manual the D-6, states it should work with Windows 7:
Screenshot 2023-04-09 175234.png

OP
U

ursus2

@ThatM1key : I tried the few drivers found on the net.

Today I bought a more expensive USB-A to USB-C cable. Surprise, my D-6 was found by windows 7 via USB, drivers are ok, so all the other cables used so far are only for the charger and not for data transfer. I have no other devices with a USB-C plug, only iPhone and Black Berry. Then another surprise appeared, I didn't know how to transfer the .flac file to the dac via USB. My searches on the internet did not return results, only trivial reviews with impressions about the cardboard box, the front bit, color, nothing about how to use it from the socket to the speaker. Finally I rummaged through Winamp and found that I can set the output for the DAC. The day ended with setting up a Mikrotik router with a complex menu - man learns as long as he lives.

Thank you for your time dedicated to this conversation.

btw, the connection via Bluetooth does not work, because the driver is not installed, code 28. I did not find a driver that can be installed.

Top Bottom