• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cyrus 200

Goodman

Anyone heard or tested this power amp? It is a class D but uses own in house proprietary modules .

Subohm

Measurements available at https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...ereo-200-stereo-amplifier&catid=97&Itemid=154

Underwhelming. No apparent reason to buy this rather than spending less for the more-powerful, cleaner NAD C298.
Doesn't look all that bad. What is underwhelming about this? Heard them and they sounded fantastic on a pair of jubilees. I'm sure it wasn't more than 2 watts used so there is that and that would apply to my setup as well. I'm curious what you're seeing

Last edited:

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Heard them and they sounded fantastic on a pair of jubilees.
It's a powerful amplifier with plenty of headroom, so I'm sure it can drive most speakers effectively. But distortion and noise are considerably higher than the C298 (though still perhaps inaudible) and it has very low damping factor, especially at high frequencies. This is relatively unlikely to cause audible impacts, but why take the chance when Hypex and Purifi amps are available at lower price?

Top Bottom