• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power amp to use until V3 monoblocks arrive?

drmevo

Recently, I posted here about the Pascal amp module blowing in my Parasound NewClassic 200 Integrated. I was considering replacing the module myself, but it turns out I can’t find a replacement from a reliable source. I do have an order in for the Fosi V3 monoblocks, and I thought I’d get by with my budget Yamaha AVR in the meantime, but it’s just not driving my LS50 Metas all that well.

I’m seeking opinions on another desktop amp that would work decently to hold me over while I wait for the monoblocks to arrive. I’d be using the pre-outs on my Parasound, so I just need power amp functionality. I was looking at the Aiyima A07 Max. Would that drive the Kefs decently at a distance of around 9-10 feet? The price is definitely appealing ($73 currently), especially where this is a temporary solution. The Fosi V3 and ZA3 are other possibilities, but they’re more expensive (the ZA3 about double). I’ll probably use this amp in a secondary system after the monoblocks arrive, or give it to my son to start building his first stereo set up.

Thanks!

ups767300

I'm using a single Fosi V3 Stereo amp hooked up to a Yamaha V6A's Pre-outs to power my L+R for home theater duty. It is hooked up to 8 OHM 89 db sensitivity speakers and does the job better than the V6A's amplifier.

I do have the V3 monoblocks on order because nothing is ever enough for me. I'll move the V3 to work desk duty.

OP
D

drmevo

I'm using a single Fosi V3 Stereo amp hooked up to a Yamaha V6A's Pre-outs to power my L+R for home theater duty. It is hooked up to 8 OHM 89 db sensitivity speakers and does the job better than the V6A's amplifier.

I do have the V3 monoblocks on order because nothing is ever enough for me. I'll move the V3 to work desk duty.
Thanks! That's actually the same AVR I have (well, the Costco equivalent TSR-700). The functionality is great for the price, but it struggles a bit to drive the Kefs for music. I use it with the HT bypass input on my Parasound, which will then output to the the V3 monoblocks once they arrive. Yes, it's a bit convoluted, but I enjoy using non-AVR equipment for music listening.

I ended up ordering the Aiyima A07 Max for now, just because it appears it has a bit more power for a bit less money than the V3 Stereo, without having to upgrade power supplies.

Top Bottom