• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Crossover 3 way 3 order (250 Hz - 2500 Hz) Software xSIM

Josue Quiroz

¡¡¡Buen día!!!
I would like to receive comments and constructive criticisms to improve my first third order Crossover project of 3 -way. In my project I am using Dayton RSS315HF-4 + Dayton Audio RS225P-8A + XT25BG60-04, the latter is from the Vifa brand however it shares features with Scanspeak R2604/833000 and Peerless XT25BG60-04
I would like them to review the issue of phase change, polarity, attenuation.
The response of the impedance obtained in the XSIM software catches my attention.
For this website it does not allow me to raise the XSIM files, but if they like I can send them to check it. [email protected]

Attachments

• Frequency Driver.jpg
    Frequency Driver.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 135
  • xSIM Calculo inicial Caja 12.jpg
    xSIM Calculo inicial Caja 12.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 155
  • XSim Graficos caja 12.jpg
    XSim Graficos caja 12.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 132

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Using Xsim for speaker design is like using only a hammer to assemble an entire house. No need to handicap yourself like that, just use VituixCAD instead.

You currently have the RSS225P playing too high. The phase relationship between it and your tweeter is poor, and your off-axis response will be as well. You should be able to smoothly blend them at 2000Hz.

Bear in mind that even at 2000Hz, there will be a directivity mismatch unless you place the tweeter in a waveguide. This does not mean the speaker will be bad, but a waveguide results in an inherently better speaker due to the directivity matching, and reduced edge diffraction.

You will need to pad down the tweeter and possibly the mid-range driver. The RSS315HF is a subwoofer driver with low sensitivity, and you need all 3 drivers playing at approximately the same level.

If you are not already, you should be doing design work with measurements taken from the drivers in your actual cabinet. Manufacturer FRD and ZMA files are done in an IEC baffle, which has almost zero baffle step loss or diffraction. Such data is only useful when designing in-wall speakers, not traditional cabinet speakers.

Top Bottom