• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

MarkS

Major Contributor
Too obvious?

Yeah ... T.Heads seem to own this song. Here's what I get when I search for it on Apple Music:

tmttr.jpg

And, to me, Al Green's original sounds pretty bland ... (hey, no accounting for taste!)

But from that search I learned that English hard-rock band Foghat beat the T.Heads to a cover in 1976:

I like that one!

And Foghat is still around (!) and still playing it (!!):

Last edited:

MarkS

Major Contributor
Glee: Paradise by the Dashboard Light (Meatloaf)

MarkS

Major Contributor
Elton John: Pinball Wizard (The Who)

Not exactly a cover, because The Who are playing, but Sir Elton does the vocals (and shows off his acting chops as The Champ) in this great clip from the movie Tommy:

sonitus mirus

Norah Jones’ rendition of Townes Van Zandt’s "Be Here to Love Me" is my favorite version of the song.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Newly released, Jacob Collier did a pretty epic gospel-style cover of Bridge over Troubled Water... not my typical style, but this might be my new #1 acapella song of all time...

stoo23

From quite a few years ago now, but a Great and arguably unique 'Cover' of a great song.

Last edited:

stoo23

Ane Brun sings Björk & Birgir Sigurdsson's "Jóga" at the Polar Music Prize Ceremony in Stockholm, August 30, 2010. Arranged and conducted by Hans Ek.

Barrelhouse Solly

My all time favorite cover. Hank Williams must have listened to the Emmett Miller original of this when he was a kid. He copied the yodeling with minor variations. Miller's version was pretty good. Williams' version pins the needle and then some.

MarkS

Major Contributor
Emmanuel Santarromana, Paperback Writer, from a whole album of pretty weird Beatles covers

MarkS

Major Contributor
Israeli singer Ninet Tayeb covers She's Lost Control (Joy Division)

Top Bottom