• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

OP
digicidal

digicidal

Major Contributor
Crowbar covers Gary Wright:

KJohnM

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Bad Plus - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Edit: Replaced live performance video as YouTube does not make it available everywhere

Last edited:

MarkS

Major Contributor
Band Geek covers the prog rock classic "Close to the Edge" by Yes:

I love how the drummer stops to read a book during the slow middle section ...

robwpdx

Just discovered this one. All Voices Boys of Summer by Petra Hayden, cover of Boys of Summer by Don Henley 1984. It was popular at the Grammy's.

Hayden's arrangement harkens back to the a capella work of groups like the Swingle Singers. Petra Haden is an interesting person: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petra_Haden

She has other covers and a capella.

Original:

From YouTube commenter
"

@ClassicTVMan1981X

5 years ago (edited)
Did you know that Mike Campbell originally wrote this track for his late Heartbreakers bandmate and leader, Tom Petty (1950-2017)? But Tom turned it down, claiming such a song wouldn't have fit in with the album the band was then recording, called Southern Accents. Campbell also admitted: "... but at the time, the record we were working on, Southern Accents, it didn't really sound like anything that would have fit into the album." RIP Tom! With the passing of Tom Petty, Campbell has now become one of two guitarists in Fleetwood Mac (the other being Tim Finn of Crowded House), replacing longtime member Lindsey Buckingham (who'd been with the band since 1974)."

Last edited:

KJohnM

Top Bottom