• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connect to Dirac Standalone Processor from another PC?

Would like to know if it's possible to connect to the Dirac standalone processor, from another pc on the same network.

I would use my laptop for the measurements. And I have installed Dirac Live on it. Just unable to connect.

Dirac live have an option to connect to an IP address. I tried it but with now luck.

Can it be a firewall issue or is it not supported?

Setup. Music PC running win11 pro with dirac processor and roon.
The Music PC is connected to my Holo Audio May DAC

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
It can be done with the right tools. For example, I have been interconnecting my music Server (PC), a multichannel prepro and a multichannel DAC with multiple routings using Ravenna networking. In fact, I am planning to add another PC for independent Dirac processing.

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It can be done with the right tools. For example, I have been interconnecting my music Server (PC), a multichannel prepro and a multichannel DAC with multiple routings using Ravenna networking. In fact, I am planning to add another PC for independent Dirac processing.
Hello Kal, I don't if I have a similar question, but will ask anyway. I have veen using DLBC on my destop and a notebook in my 2 channel room, but also want to run it on another notebook in the HT room for 2 ch music listening.

Problem is, DL has now enforced the 2 devices limit and there is no price adder option for use on a 3rd device. Do you know if a way to run DL on my 2nd notebook PC via network? I am thinking of the old PC anywhere (you may be too young to know of that one )that used to let you run software on a remote PC so I don't know if win10/11's remote feature can do the same, with DL.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Problem is, DL has now enforced the 2 devices limit and there is no price adder option for use on a 3rd device. Do you know if a way to run DL on my 2nd notebook PC via network? I am thinking of the old PC anywhere (you may be too young to know of that one )that used to let you run software on a remote PC so I don't know if win10/11's remote feature can do the same, with DL.
Sorry. I don't know.

Top Bottom