• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Concert photos

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Roger Waters London 2008 (I think?!)

Roger Waters 2008.jpg

Roger Waters.jpg

Last edited:

HiMu

Thanks for the photos everyone posted, it brought back quite vivid memories, I combed through some photos I still have online and maybe now is the time to share some with stories. I used to photograph semi-professionally but burnt myself out trying to find a way to make the business side of things to work, and the cherry on top of that was ototoxic cancer treatments that made my ears painfully sensitive to even moderately loud high frequencies. I documented events, weddings etc. but concert photography was my main thing.

One ongoing challenge I had was to include the whole band in one photo.
Alamaailman Vasarat (Hammers of the underworld in Finnish)
Alamaailman Vasarat.jpg

Falcon (Ex-Circle), the more famous band Circle loaned their name to their friends band and took their name for that time. This is from the concert where they swapped their names back.
Falcon.jpg

Tuomari Nurmio, solo show, legendary figure in Finnish music scene
Tuomari Nurmio.jpg

Jukka ja Jytämimmit, one of the bar venues of the city festival Valoa venue was full and people were standing outside the bar hoping to get in, it was early Feb and typically -10-15C at night
Jukka ja Jytämimmit.png

Kingston Wall Kingtime DVD release concert, Kärtsy Hatakka
KingtimeKärtsy.jpg

Secede And Kettel, music and art festival H2Ö in a beautiful historical wooden shipyard. Swings were tied to the beams and served as seating for few rows.
SecedeKettelH2ö.jpg

Bother Brothers, the glamour of music business.
Bother Brothers.jpg

Hasputri, more underground glamour
Hasputri.jpg

Jaakko Laitinen ja Väärä Raha (counterfeit money in Fin)
Jaakko Laitinen ja väärä raha.jpg

Falcon (Ex-Circle), talent and weirdness goes hand in hand, from the same gig as the 2nd photo
Falcon2.jpg

Cleaning Women, band with diy instruments made from washing machine parts, clothes drying racks etc.
Cleaning Women.jpg

Bob Log III
BobLogIII.jpg

MC Yodarok of Aivovuoto, it's usually quite hard to get interesting photos of rappers.
Aivovuoto.jpg

Alma Mansion of The Mansion
TheMansion.jpg

Amorphous Androgynous, band requested a certain model of guitar for their guitarist, my friend had that and asked if I could get a photo of his guitar on stage. He was quite happy when I sent this "Sorry, couldn't get a better shot"
AmorphousAndrogynous2.jpg

I mentioned on the first page about experimental techniques to try out to spice things up, or use it as a way to anonymize.

Underground techno event
Anonymisointi.jpg

Keuhkot, 3 or 4 shot multiple exposure
Keuhkot.jpg

Underground techno event, long exposure, small aperture and strobe light while holding the zoom ring and rotating the camera body
Stroboefekti.jpg

WAMbience dance techno event in museum, long exposure, Line of disconnection from phone to the guy under the exit sign
WAMbienceDance.jpg

Amorphous Androgynous, long shutter speed and zoom.
AmorphousAndrogynous1.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this thin slice of mostly Finnish weirdness!

OP
GD Fan

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thanks for the photos everyone posted, it brought back quite vivid memories, I combed through some photos I still have online and maybe now is the time to share some with stories. I used to photograph semi-professionally but burnt myself out trying to find a way to make the business side of things to work, and the cherry on top of that was ototoxic cancer treatments that made my ears painfully sensitive to even moderately loud high frequencies. I documented events, weddings etc. but concert photography was my main thing.

View attachment 328087

Falcon (Ex-Circle), the more famous band Circle loaned their name to their friends band and took their name for that time. This is from the concert where they swapped their names back.
View attachment 328095

View attachment 328105

Jukka ja Jytämimmit, one of the bar venues of the city festival Valoa venue was full and people were standing outside the bar hoping to get in, it was early Feb and typically -10-15C at night
View attachment 328099

View attachment 328101

Secede And Kettel, music and art festival H2Ö in a beautiful historical wooden shipyard. Swings were tied to the beams and served as seating for few rows.
View attachment 328102

View attachment 328092

View attachment 328097

View attachment 328098

Falcon (Ex-Circle), talent and weirdness goes hand in hand, from the same gig as the 2nd photo
View attachment 328096

Cleaning Women, band with diy instruments made from washing machine parts, clothes drying racks etc.
View attachment 328093

Bob Log III
View attachment 328091

MC Yodarok of Aivovuoto, it's usually quite hard to get interesting photos of rappers.
View attachment 328086

View attachment 328104

Amorphous Androgynous, band requested a certain model of guitar for their guitarist, my friend had that and asked if I could get a photo of his guitar on stage. He was quite happy when I sent this "Sorry, couldn't get a better shot"
View attachment 328089

I mentioned on the first page about experimental techniques to try out to spice things up, or use it as a way to anonymize.

Underground techno event
View attachment 328090

View attachment 328100

Underground techno event, long exposure, small aperture and strobe light while holding the zoom ring and rotating the camera body
View attachment 328103

WAMbience dance techno event in museum, long exposure, Line of disconnection from phone to the guy under the exit sign
View attachment 328106

View attachment 328088

Tremendous photos! Thanks for sharing.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
My friend Ron Bond took this photo -- but with my camera and lens, so I post it appropriately referenced, but with minimal compunction. ;)

1700609116262.png

This is a rather poor scan of a print that was made a long time ago -- I don't have access to the original negative.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The underground shots are great!

Fahzz

Forum Donor

View attachment 328087

View attachment 328095

View attachment 328105

View attachment 328099

View attachment 328101

View attachment 328102

View attachment 328092

View attachment 328097

View attachment 328098

View attachment 328096

View attachment 328093

Bob Log III
View attachment 328091

View attachment 328086

View attachment 328104

View attachment 328089

Underground techno event
View attachment 328090

View attachment 328100

View attachment 328103

View attachment 328106

View attachment 328088

Great pictures!

Prana Ferox

These are a joy, thank you

I learned pretty early on that the best way to spoil any enjoyment of photography as a hobby was to try to make money off of it. I'm glad to see you found ways to keep it interesting to you.

HiMu

Thanks people, I hope those act as a spark for someone to pick up their camera and experiment. If even one person overcomes the "writers block" and dusts off their camera, those photos have served their purpose.

Music and photos both have a strange way to preserve feelings and memories, a single image/song can be deeply personal, universal and completely void of meaning at the same time.
learned pretty early on that the best way to spoil any enjoyment of photography as a hobby was to try to make money off of it.
People close to me rarely understand when I say that.

OP
GD Fan

GD Fan

Forum Donor
The great Anders Osborne with the Allman Family Revival last night at the Beacon Theatre. Not the best photo...

20231202_221353.jpg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Not a bad photo at all!
I could share some bad concert photos I've taken over the years. I'll spare ye. ;)

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_0226.jpg

Breckenridge, Colorado, July, 2023. I call this an improper string quartet since there is no viola. The altitude here is 9,800' above sea level. I can't say if the thin air changed the sound any, but it does make the beer hit harder. Considering that this is an audio forum, I'm surprised how fast this thread fell into disuse. Also, I think it should be expanded to include making music while not in concert.

Last edited:

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 345234

Breckenridge, Colorado, July, 2023. I call this an improper string quartet since there is no viola. The altitude here is 9,800' above sea level. I can't say if the thin air changed the sound any, but it does make the beer hit harder. Considering that this is an audio forum, I'm surprised how fast this thread fell into disuse. Also, I think it should be expanded to include making music while not in concert.
The viola player is there already!
Waiting to be born. :)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
all of my "live" photos are crummy. :(
Here's an after concert photo from 2018 of me (a southpaw) and another left-handed fellow who plays guitar -- albeit not left-handed(ly).

1706317905371.png

Dang, I was a lot younger in 2018. :facepalm:
1706318057840.png

1706318033748.png

a couple of cell phone photos that our friend Linda took during the concert. :)

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Warren Haynes' rig. At The Ryman 2013.
P9280069.jpg
P9280156.jpg

Jimi Floyd

View attachment 328087

View attachment 328095

View attachment 328105

View attachment 328099

View attachment 328101

View attachment 328102

View attachment 328092

View attachment 328097

View attachment 328098

View attachment 328096

View attachment 328093

Bob Log III
View attachment 328091

View attachment 328086

View attachment 328104

View attachment 328089

Underground techno event
View attachment 328090

View attachment 328100

View attachment 328103

View attachment 328106

View attachment 328088

Great Shots!

Top Bottom