• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Comparison between he400i vs he400se ver 2020: a beginner's impression

mslim

This is very interesting actually.

The Chinese language (in particular official Mandarin in which most songs there are sung) is a particularly sibilant language. In fact if you’re not sibilant in your pronunciation, you’re not pronouncing the words correctly. It is interesting the local Chinese version has the upper frequency tuned differently. Perhaps even the “normally/internationally” tuned version has too much sibilance for local tastes.

ASR REEZY

This is very interesting actually.

The Chinese language (in particular official Mandarin in which most songs there are sung) is a particularly sibilant language. In fact if you’re not sibilant in your pronunciation, you’re not pronouncing the words correctly. It is interesting the local Chinese version has the upper frequency tuned differently. Perhaps even the “normally/internationally” tuned version has too much sibilance for local tastes.

Interesting analysis!! I wonder if anyone else can corroborate what I'm hearing. Don't know if this is against the rules, but if anyone wants to buy both of them from me I'll cut a deal lol

vlad335

Forum Donor

pk500

Anyone have any good choices for balanced cables for the HE-400se International? I would like a 4.4-mm Pentacon jack, as I'm driving these with an iFi hip-dac.

Thanks!

vlad335

Forum Donor
Anyone have any good choices for balanced cables for the HE-400se International? I would like a 4.4-mm Pentacon jack, as I'm driving these with an iFi hip-dac.

Thanks!

Would this not work?

https://www.amazon.com/NewFantasia-...hifiman+balanced+cable&qid=1619972957&sr=8-12

If not, you can return it easily. i am very interested in these cables for a future amp. I don't do balanced right now (RME ADI-2) but plan to in the future. Just dont know what amp I want to go with so the connector I need is unknown.

Last edited:

pk500

vlad335

Forum Donor
Probably! Are the connectors into the ear cups on the HE-400se 3.5's or 2.5's?

Thanks for the tip!

3.5 connectors on my 400se.

If you buy them be sure to report back what you think. I have two New Fantasia single ended cables and they are excellent and the price is great.

K3nnyX

I know it is a little atricious but, will 400se work on Rode Ai-1? How does it compares just to dedicated amp/dac?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

half_dog

Hi there! I just received my HE400se but I think it arrived defective. Its left side rattles when I slightly move my head and, the annoying scenario, when the bass hit in some heavy bass track. I recorded this video using a lavalier mic with a Galaxy S9. Youtube compression made it a little dificult but it stills listenable, it reminds me a smartphone vibrating...

Last edited:
Top Bottom