• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cheap DAC with bluetooth & USB inputs and 3.5mm output

rhz

Title says it all. Looking for a cheap <$50 DAC to drive an integrated amplifier. The plan is to stream music from a computer or phone via bluetooth. The message I've heard repeatedly here is that DAC's at this price point can offer great performance. My searches haven't come up with something at that price point that has bluetooth, usb and a 3.5mm output.

Thanks.

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
There are some excellent DACs around that $50 price point, but they're all USB Type-C dongles with no Bluetooth input:
YFDZsiopmv-1000x1000.jpg -9974913981657692989.jpg

If you want both Bluetooth and USB input for $50, then you need to look at Bluetooth headphone adapters:
IMG_0018.jpg 14145016392144537095.jpg
Here's an extensive list of them (Link).
Note that not all of them support purely wired operation, most haven't been measured yet, and most aren't intended to be plugged into power permanently, so you'll quickly kill their internal battery.

The least expensive desktop DAC with Bluetooth input is stuff like the SMSL D-6, which you can find for $150 on Amazon:
unnamed-1.jpg

OP
R

rhz

There are some excellent DACs around that $50 price point, but they're all USB Type-C dongles with no Bluetooth input:
View attachment 245026 View attachment 245027

If you want both Bluetooth and USB input for $50, then you need to look at Bluetooth headphone adapters:
View attachment 245028 View attachment 245029
Here's an extensive list of them (Link).
Note that not all of them support purely wired operation, most haven't been measured yet, and most aren't intended to be plugged into power permanently, so you'll quickly kill their internal battery.

The least expensive desktop DAC with Bluetooth input is stuff like the SMSL D-6, which you can find for $150 on Amazon:
View attachment 245031
Thanks. If I decided to forego USB in favor of just bluetooth, would that open up more options?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Thanks. If I decided to forego USB in favor of just bluetooth, would that open up more options?
Yes, more Bluetooth headphone adapters. Most of them unmeasured, though we do have data for the Topping BC3 (Link), along with some others. The BC3 is afaik the only one with measurements that's close to your budget.
Here's how it performs with LDAC in, Line out:
Topping BC3 Measurements Analog Line Out Bluetooth LDAC.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom