• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Centrance DACport HD or Spectra X?

Azeendeen

I am looking for a thumb size or fairly small dac/amp smaller than the nx4 dsd for my laptop use. I have a nx4 dsd but it is just too big for me and honestly I dont need that much power. All I plan to use the dac/amp with is with iems mainly my jh 13vs and campfire cascade both of which do not require much power . Which do I go for ? The centrance on massdrop which is updated with the same DAC but offers more power or spectra which offers better audio measurements but less power .
I would not consider myself an audiophile and only use premium spotify. Only songs are have in FLAC is one Tool album and a few other songs

Tks

Major Contributor
Well you don't have much choice, as the Centrance is the only device that was tested here that did OK last year.

If you're willing to get a balanced setup. The E1DA blows everything to smithereens. Or if you're willing to wait, an unbalanced regular version should be coming sooner or later (prototype has existed for a few months now).
Check out the latest from the creator here, or his discord: here https://discord.gg/nkUBYSv

Aside from that, you have other options like DAP's but idk if that's too big for you.

Top Bottom