• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cant explain the effect of a Hi-end ethernet cable in the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Dalby is a graphic artist by trade, I believe he may have also worked on ‘Definitive Audio’s‘ website, I would have to check, I first encountered him when a friend of mine was designing a preamp for him, he used to sell to Audio Exotics a retailer in HK, recently he seems to have veered away from products that at least worked to pure foo, I saw a photograph recently of one of his turntables clamps it was the most extraordinary thing, his products are literally audiophile jewellery for the really hard of thinking.
Fetishist record clamp!

Keith
Does it open a time travel portal like in "Dark"?

jome

How about if people on a site dedicated to the science of audio would be less arrogant and more of a open minded scientist?

Internet is filled with sites that thrive and feed on arrogant men, please have them as Your outlet and let’s keep it away from here.

Now to the subject at hand, I fully agree with posters general question, I have recently experienced similar things. Not with such expensive cables though.
But the easiest example is the cheap cat6 patch cable vs a Supra cat6. Then the Supra against audiophile cables.
In my testing I came to a similar, but not so dramatic improvement as thread starter.

So how can this be explained, I sincerely don’t think there are packet loss. I have about 5 years of professional networking experience. And in today’s networks there are virtually no packet crc errors. For the “it’s only ones and zeros on the wire”, please read up on gigabit Ethernet. Actually something rather different than Manchester coding of the old days, instead a bit analog perhaps

So how could interference explain this.

q3cpma

Major Contributor
How about if people on a site dedicated to the science of audio would be less arrogant and more of a open minded scientist?

Internet is filled with sites that thrive and feed on arrogant men, please have them as Your outlet and let’s keep it away from here.

Now to the subject at hand, I fully agree with posters general question, I have recently experienced similar things. Not with such expensive cables though.
But the easiest example is the cheap cat6 patch cable vs a Supra cat6. Then the Supra against audiophile cables.
In my testing I came to a similar, but not so dramatic improvement as thread starter.

So how can this be explained, I sincerely don’t think there are packet loss. I have about 5 years of professional networking experience. And in today’s networks there are virtually no packet crc errors. For the “it’s only ones and zeros on the wire”, please read up on gigabit Ethernet. Actually something rather different than Manchester coding of the old days, instead a bit analog perhaps

2/10, appeal to open-mindedness only works on the feeble minded.

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
A warm welcome to you too. Happy to see such a positive attitude ;).
Yep, that’s the spirit.

Easy, it’s an illusion. The fact that you have enough faith in the effect of an “audiophile” network cable (even though having the limited experience with, and the rudimentary knowledge of networking on display here) to buy and use it, conditions your subconscious to hear an improvement.
Absent that conditioning, you would not hear any difference, as the measurements will indicate the waveform leaving your DAC is unchanged, whatever the “audiophile” Ethernet cable claims to achieve.
We tend to have faith in our senses, but they are not as reliable as we’d like. A dose of humility helps a lot, and has other benefits as well.

kaka89

This is why I go wireless with my Pi streamer :D
The only limitation is it cannot go ultra high DSD resolution

By the way I'm from HK too. #StandWithHongKong

Duckeenie

I thought it would be obvious: More expensive cables have smarter ants that carry the packets through the cable more efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom