• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cant explain the effect of a Hi-end ethernet cable in the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatteredmidnight

Only explanation is that your former ethernet cable was broken.
Interestingly, OP never stated if they even had an Ethernet cable connected prior to this. Or in what ways the sound improved. Clearly this cable is acting as some sort of shield against those damned cosmic rays. Cosmic rays are always ruining everything.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Dalby is a graphic artist by trade, I believe he may have also worked on ‘Definitive Audio’s‘ website, I would have to check, I first encountered him when a friend of mine was designing a preamp for him, he used to sell to Audio Exotics a retailer in HK, recently he seems to have veered away from products that at least worked to pure foo, I saw a photograph recently of one of his turntables clamps it was the most extraordinary thing, his products are literally audiophile jewellery for the really hard of thinking.
Fetishist record clamp!

Keith

KeithPhantom

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I would go further investigating the physical differences between both cables and how they might change the sound. But when you do that, with digital audio you're talking about "it either works or it doesn't", and with analog, the differences because LCR are so minute (.0x dB at best) that the human ear and brain just doesn't have the capability of detecting that.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Dalby is a graphic artist by trade, I believe he may have also worked on ‘Definitive Audio’s‘ website, I would have to check, I first encountered him when a friend of mine was designing a preamp for him, he used to sell to Audio Exotics a retailer in HK, recently he seems to have veered away from products that at least worked to pure foo, I saw a photograph recently of one of his turntables clamps it was the most extraordinary thing, his products are literally audiophile jewellery for the really hard of thinking.
Fetishist record clamp!

Keith

*winces*- I thought those things needed to be smooth

Last edited:

StefaanE

Forum Donor
Something tells me there

*winces*- I thought those things needed to be smooth
The silvery thing is the clamp, the gold and black contraption it stands on serves to regenerate its clamping powers.

ezra_s

Forum Donor
10k ethernet cable? You really mean 10.000 USD on an ethernet cable?

If I spent that ridiculous amount on a cable to transfer bits, a cable that connects to a device with has its own error correction so every bit comes in and out as it was (any ethernet switch in the world), then everything would sound to me like angels singing, real truth though it would certainly be my brain protecting me from realizing what I just did.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Fetishist record clamp!

Keith
:facepalm:
I think that this "artist" is a good businessman and knows well how to sell such stuff to wealthy Asian, Russian and else people who have no clue about Hifi but will be happy to show off to their friends how nice, exotic and over all how expensive their gear is.
How many times was I asked by similar artist on Tech shows to sell them a synthetic cable that cost 6x the price of "Kevlar" because of it's GOLD colour and therefore blending well in their decoration ...

mnemonix

it's a black magic to me and dont know how the ethernet cable can enhance the sound quality of my system even no data signal passed through

This guy is a shill gents.

This is surely some next level shilling though; ordinarily one would expect claims of an improvement when the product is actually used, as opposed to being merely in the vicinity.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Fetishist record clamp!

Keith

Looks like the bath tub plug from the Queen.

FeddyLost

Really interesting.
What is the difference in sound?
Have you tried another different industrial cables graded Cat7 or Cat8 with better bandwidth/speed and shielding?

PcChip

if you can truly hear a difference in a blind test, then there must obviously be some explanation
perhaps an EE can chime in on possibilities regarding dirty mains power, or the firewall/NAT/Switch device is malfunctioning and the $10k cable is preventing some kind of ground loop

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
if you can truly hear a difference in a blind test, then there must obviously be some explanation
perhaps an EE can chime in on possibilities regarding dirty mains power, or the firewall/NAT/Switch device is malfunctioning and the $10k cable is preventing some kind of ground loop

Ive got a better and more technically correct explanation. Its a made up story from a shill account. Save anyone testing anything.

FeddyLost

Its a made up story from a shill account
That's why i have asked about industrial ethernet cables.
Real customer would try something industrial and cheap to find out real reason of improvement and save money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom