• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget Controller/Speaker Solution

Doogan

Hi folks, New here. Not sure If I am posting this in the right place.

I have been searching but cannot seem to figure out what I need

I pre-wired my house 12 years ago for ceiling speakers. I am not a huge Audiophile at any level but would like to hook up speakers in the bedrooms and living rooms. I would like to be able to just stream music from our phones to the speakers in each room. From what I researched, I need a central amp, say for 4 pairs of speakers, and then I was hoping to find some type of controller, that I can install in each room in a switch outlet type box, that when I am in that room, I can connect my phone Bluetooth and stream what I want. Not looking to connect multiple audio sources etc.., or anything complicated that the wife will not use.

is this type of solution possible, and what components should I look at that won't break the bank, but are reliable

Are there other types of solutions I should be looking at that would deliver the same end result

thanks everyone

Last edited:
Top Bottom