• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BubbleUPNP and Tidal: 24/192 possible?

Geertidow

Dear forum members,

Is it possible to get the max bitrate through BubblePNP (-> MiniDSP flex) on android?
Tidal now has Flac on a max bitrate of 24-bit/96kHz but it's not working on BubbleUPNP.
Anyone know why/a workaround?

linuxfan

OP
G

Geertidow

Well I won't buy a device just to test it. We'll see where this goes the coming period. I don't believe I can hear the difference anyway. I was proud enough that my on my set I can (not blinded) distinguish between 320 kbs and CD. Minor differences at best, bias of course possible. But I'd like to use the offered quality regardless.

linuxfan

Well I won't buy a device just to test it.
My suggestion about the possibly of joining a WiiM beta test for Tidal hi-res support was in response to Keith_W's query in post #3. Keith_W apparently has a WiiM Pro.

Support for specific streaming technologies has always been a game of catch-up. We can reasonably expect that WiiM and BubbleUPnP (and most other major players in the streaming game) will eventually support Tidal hi-res.

OP
G

Geertidow

:) of course. I'll wait it out, I'm in no rush with it. Was just checking if I did anything wrong.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
My suggestion about the possibly of joining a WiiM beta test for Tidal hi-res support was in response to Keith_W's query in post #3. Keith_W apparently has a WiiM Pro.

I don't. I am considering getting one. The reason is not because of Tidal, but because I want to use Idagio.

I have gone on a rant on ASR before about how streaming companies can not use their own apps to cast audio to computers. The only exceptions are Spotify and (maybe?) Apple Music, but even then only to Macs and not Windows PC's. BubbleUPNP mitigates this somewhat, but then BubbleUPNP has its own drawbacks. On my system, it is INCREDIBLY laggy, with a 3-4 second latency for even simple things like volume control. Not to mention it's a bit ugly, and when people come over, they can't figure out how to use it.

Top Bottom