• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Brutefir for Volumio now supports REW EQ filters

Krunok

Major Contributor
If you prefer to use REW not only as a measurement tool but also as a tool for automatic/manual creation of EQ filters here is what you should do to use those filters with BruteFIR convolution engine for Volumio:

1. Create your filter in REW

REW creation.jpg

2. Export the filter you created using "Export filters impulse response as WAV"

REW filter export_2.jpg

3. Use REWs default settings for export

REW filter export.jpg

4. Copy filters to BruteFIR filter directory

5. Use the following settings in BruteFIR to activate your filters (set input attenuation according to the max gain of your filters):

Brutefir settings.JPG

7. Measure results with REW and, if necessary, correct your filters.

8. Enjoy your music!

Last edited:

Krunok

Major Contributor
My plelasure guys. :)

Let me just add that input attenuation in BruteFIR settings must correlate to max boost of the individual filter in REW. I advise you to look at the boost of each filter in both channel to determine max boost as it may be that actual max boost never reached "Individual Max Boost" setting in REW. If actual max boost is lower than that setting than set input attenuation accordingly.

Brutefir settings.JPG

REW creation.jpg

Top Bottom