• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

British Highschoolers try Popeyes for the first time

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Most of my Mom and Pop ventures were 20 to 40 years ago while working - I know litereally everything has deteriorated since then.

Took a Google Streetview tour of Bishop, to see if the Drive In was still there. Probably replaced by a Jack-in-the-Box oir an Auto Parts store.
you think it's bad in the USA you should try getting decent food here.

Last time I was over there I put on half a stone in two weeks.

Having said that two independent places have just opened close to my work, one does an Aberdeen Angus burger that is outstanding.

Of course you can't have that every day as it's bad for you but luckily the other place does a good oatcake with bacon and cheese, so I alternate.

The 'Red Sauce' (as it is known here) is optional.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Last time I was over there I put on half a stone in two weeks.

Having said that two independent places have just opened close to my work, one does an Aberdeen Angus burger that is outstanding.

Of course you can't have that every day as it's bad for you but luckily the other place does a good oatcake with bacon and cheese, so I alternate.

The 'Red Sauce' (as it is known here) is optional.
OMG wtf is that?

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OMG wtf is that?
Staffordshire oatcakes mate

You can't really get them anywhere except this local area. Well you can, but they're crap. Need to be made and eaten same day and the making is an art passed down the generations, so they don't travel well. More than a day old and they taste like a washcloth.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Staffordshire oatcakes mate

You can't really get them anywhere except this local area. Well you can, but they're crap. Need to be made and eaten same day and the making is an art passed down the generations, so they don't travel well. More than a day old and they taste like a washcloth.
LOL I'll leave you to them :) Looks horrid, but I had a few english roommates back in the day, and the food ideas were just crap.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

1689459479974.png

DavidMcRoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think it's all about Louisiana cuisine. My Mom was Louisiana French-Acadian and -Creole (yes, we're both) and I learned how to cook from her family. Louisiana isn't one of the fattest states in the US for no reason, and I've struggled with my weight (mostly successfully) my whole life.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, they do sell deep-fried sticks of butter here in Iowa during the state fair... Gotta help those cardiologists with their sailboat payments!
In the Northeast they sell deep-fried Whoopie pies.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
I must say, Popeyes' chicken sandwich is just incredible. I don't know how they managed to get the outside of the chicken so crunchy:

The rest of their stuff is "OK." Interesting that the kids loved just about everything.

Instantly improved by discarding the bun. Unless you are still in high school. Reminds me of a Twistie roll. Which will mean very little to non-Australians and almost defies the internet ...

Digby

Major Contributor
Just wanna drop this in here, for those unsure about the roots of fried chicken in America ;)

Top Bottom