• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BOSE Cinemate 130

Jake993

I have owned a Bose Cinemate 130 for a number of years. I know, I know there are a lot of Bose haters out there but please bear with me. It has been a great little entry level home theater system for the little apartment I lived in when I bought the system, so it has served its purpose. I unboxed it, connected the cables, plugged my sources into the handy HDMI plugs, plugged in the wireless Acoustimass module, went through the little ADAPTiQ ceremony and poof! I had sound. And for the most part it has served me well for the price.

In a recent move, I inspected the back of the console and saw a plug that puzzled me. It was for "Acoustimass Module" (see attached photo and look for the plug on the right). Looking at the Acoustimass unit itself, there appeared to be a corresponding plug labeled "Console". I say puzzled because this bass unit is supposed to be wireless and yet here's these little plugs which suggest that the Acoustimass and the console can be connected with a wire. Is this some kind of opotion? I have scoured both the Bose Support pages and the web in general but I see no mention of optional support by wire. And yet, if you search "Cinemate 130 acoustimass cable" using Google, there appears to be plenty of sellers happy to sell me a cable.

Q: Does anyone out there have any experience with the use of this optional cable?

I am asking because while the wireless Acoustomass module was super easy to set up and use, it has beeen far from flawless. I have chased numerous "gremlins" causing interference in the connection between the acoustimass and the console resulting in an annoying "intermittent" drop out of the Acoustimass. When I saw this port, I had to wonder if this might be a solution.

Thanks, in advance, to anyone willing to share.
Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 12.38.57 AM.png

Top Bottom