• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth volume adjustments on SMSL D6 DAC

rhz

Just got this DAC and began streaming music to it via my Mac's bluetooth. This is my first experience with streaming via a bluetooth connection. I was surprised to notice that the volume is much lower than when streaming via USB. (I need to turn the volume up much higher on the DAC as well as the amp). Is that expected, or is it somehow controllable via MAC settings? (Not sure if it matters, but the DAC indicates that the AAC codec is being used).

Thank you!

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, the volume setting on mac changes the bluetooth output. Make sure it is set to max if you want to control the volume on your dac or amp.

OP
R

rhz

Yes, the volume setting on mac changes the bluetooth output. Make sure it is set to max if you want to control the volume on your dac or amp.
Thanks. If I max out the volume on the Mac (from the keyboard volume button), I've noticed that the bluetooth volume is significantly lower than when I use USB to drive the DAC. I'm wondering if this is expected...

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks. If I max out the volume on the Mac (from the keyboard volume button), I've noticed that the bluetooth volume is significantly lower than when I use USB to drive the DAC. I'm wondering if this is expected...
May well be in the detail of the DAC design. If they've not gone to the trouble to match the voltages from the bluetooth circuits compared to the USB circuits, then they will be at different volumes for full scale.

Top Bottom