• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best Guitarists Evah!!!

A800

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Freddie King

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Along these lines

(which is a very 2006 way of doing things. Instead, find your clip, top right of the playing window, share arrow , copy link. Then paste that into your post here.)

Thanks. Going to try it sometime.

The "modern" way :)

1585446871210.png

1585446922708.png

Copy that "youtu.be" link, paste it here and the forum s/w does the rest :)

:cool:

TLEDDY

Forum Donor
Thanks to all who have posted... Have really enjoyed the trip through both familiar and unknown players!

”Hey Joe” by Popa Chubby blew me away... his seemingly effortless command of the fretboard is astounding.

jjk

Forum Donor
Prince is definitely on the list.
Also Tom Morello.
Pete Townshend is definitely on the list of the ten best rockers of all time. Not sure if he is really top ten guitarist though.
Stay healthy my friends.

Shorty

Glen Campbell, who hardly could read music but played guitar on dozens of hits by artists as diverse as Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Beach Boys, Monkees and Nat King Cole - to name a few - and then had the good luck to be chosen by Jimmy Webb, who gave him the hits that made Campbell himself a star: Wichita Lineman; Galveston; By The Time I Get To Phoenix.
Here he is, being admired by some of Nashville’s finest, in ‘Gentle On My Mind”.

Last edited:

Nango

Major Contributor
1. Paco de Lucia

2. Narciso Yepes
3. ....
4. ....
5. ....
6. Andy Powell (Wishbone Ash) & all the rest .......

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Almost forgot Joe Walsh and Tim Reynolds. 2 Monsters

I do like Joe Walsh, at many levels*

Plus, he gave Townshend the Gretsch "Chet Atkins" that helped shape rock 'n' roll history in the recording of Who's Next (which, FWIW, I still think is the sine qua non of -- or is that "for"? -- rock albums).

1585583830291.png

http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/gear/guitar/gretsch.html

1585583943133.png

He really is an Ordinary Average Guy. ;)

GD Fan

Forum Donor
I do like Joe Walsh, at many levels*

Plus, he gave Townshend the Gretsch "Chet Atkins" that helped shape rock 'n' roll history in the recording of Who's Next (which, FWIW, I still think is the sine qua non of -- or is that "for"? -- rock albums).

View attachment 56328
http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/gear/guitar/gretsch.html

View attachment 56329
He really is an Ordinary Average Guy. ;)
Walsh also sold Jimmy Page one of the black Les Pauls with which he recorded and performed much of the Zeppelin canon.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Walsh also sold Jimmy Page one of the black Les Pauls with which he recorded and performed much of the Zeppelin canon.

1585589414410.png

(in all seriousness, I did not know that -- I guess ol' Joe was/is the Zelig -- or maybe the Forrest Gump -- of classic rock?)

He also added some (arguably) much-needed cojones to the Iggles Eagles towards the end of their lifespan. :)

GD Fan

Forum Donor
View attachment 56340

(in all seriousness, I did not know that -- I guess ol' Joe was/is the Zelig -- or maybe the Forrest Gump -- of classic rock?)

He also added some (arguably) much-needed cojones to the Iggles Eagles towards the end of their lifespan. :)
I misspoke, it was not one of the black ones. See attached, from the recent Metropolitan Museum exhibit.
20190923_184351.jpg
20190923_184358.jpg

Top Bottom