• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best connection RME ADI 2 Pro BE to Schiit URD

mrreform

I have an RME dac. I just purchased the Schiit URD CD transport and I was wondering what the best connection method was. If I go with USB B to USB C, would the sound benefit from a high end cable like an Audioquest, or would a standard cable work as well? I would appreciate any comments/suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ADI-2-ProFSr-C.png
    ADI-2-ProFSr-C.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 69
  • urd back 1920.jpg
    urd back 1920.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 75

JSmith

Master Contributor
Welcome to ASR. :)
If I go with USB B to USB C, would the sound benefit from a high end cable like an Audioquest, or would a standard cable work as well?
A standard cable will work exactly the same and there will be no audible benefit whatsoever paying for the likes of Audioquest;

JSmith

OP
M

mrreform

Welcome to ASR. :)

A standard cable will work exactly the same and there will be no audible benefit whatsoever paying for the likes of Audioquest;

JSmith
Thank you. There seems to be a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to cables.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Thank you. There seems to be a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to cables.
No worries and yes, there certainly is... most snake oil is in cables. ;)

You might enjoy a read of our ongoing snake oil thread;

You will find here we don't take kindly to the ridiculous claims made by some cable companies... along with the data to refute their "veil lifting" claims.

JSmith

MAB

Major Contributor
Hi and welcome!
Yeah, save your money on cables for sure.
You own a terrific DAC. The DSP functions are awesome.
Also, any of the digital inputs is going to work for you with equivalent sound (barring the unlikely event the transport has massive issues...) In the future, RME is going to release an app to allow control and configuration of the DAC - they just released the app for the no-pro versions. The app is really nice and allows all sorts of setup and EQ management.
If the app is appealing, then use the USB 2.0 connection on the ADI-2 Pro for your computer and hook the CD transport up to the SPDIF/coaxial adapter. I know the dongle isn't as sexy as a fancy cable, but the DAC is going to process the data just like it should!!!

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I own the same DAC as you and I use a Marantz CD-Player as a transport with optical in (quite a cheap optical as a link). Sounds great.

Top Bottom