• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Benchmark DAC3 HGC-Home theater bypass function

Burn1

Benchmark DAC3 HGC seems to check a lot of boxes w/ great DAC function and overall quallity.

Have a nice 7.1 home theater set up, but want to add a upstream DAC/Preamp for 2-channel only listening sessions.
No, don't want A/B switches boxes(want nice solid state headphone amp in addtion to DAC/preamp functionality here).

Do I understand this correctly:
Use DAC3's analog input(from L&R channel of home theater 7.1 processor/preamp), enable DAC3's home theater processor by-pass function and send only that L/R analog signal untouched( no addtional signal processing) to my L/R amp via DAC3's XLR outputs for use with 7.1 channel music/movies.

For 2-channel only listening(bypassing home theater processor/preamp), using CD Player analog out into DAC3's analog-in and back out thru DAC3's XLR line out to 2-channel Amp.

Question:
When bring in CD Player's signal via analog would be using that device DAC. Does Benchmark DAC3 simply pass thru the analog signal untouched(no addtional signal processing)? SACD useage...
Might choose to bring in that same CD Player's signal via digital(CD player acting as transport) then DAC3's DAC processing taking over.
Do I have the above correct?

Great forum, thank you in advance.

Top Bottom