• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Behringer P2 In-Ear Monitor Amplifier

Custard

Just a little bit. I carry one as a backup to my usual on-stage amp (Fischer Amps In Ear Stick). With Minerva Performa Pro IEMs the 2 amps sound basically the same to me but the Behringer is definitely noiser - no problem on stage but would be intrusive for music listening. I should say that on-stage monitoring isn't necessarily the most demanding use for absolute hifi.

Minervas spec - 122dB SPL @ 1mV, 75 ohms at 1kHz, and they go plenty loud enough. in case that's helpful.

OP
thefsb

thefsb

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes, thanks. Noise is important. In my intended use, composing and practicing, it will be annoying.

Custard

I haven't spent much time evaluating it, TBH, just a quick check to make sure it will work okay if called upon. I'd happily test further but all my stage kit is stuck in transit after a hastily aborted tour. Guess why...

mgarry

I know I'm quite late to the conversation, but is the consensus that the P2 would not be a good sleeper for portable listening? How about the P1? It's obviously quite a bit bigger, but it seemed cool that it can run on both battery and AC power.

Top Bottom