• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

b4nt

Addicted to Fun and Learning

spectrogram.png

Rivet Head

NIN - 10 Miles High

This is my favorite subwoofer test track. Low bass starts around 2:55 on the YouTube version. Spectrogram is from a flac version.

Attachments

• 10 Miles High.png
    10 Miles High.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 126

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Great Music, sounds very good on the big system, and a nice slow bass line starting around 1:40:

This is the spectrogram from the CD VOYAGER (best of compilation):
01 - On The Nature Of Daylight.flac.png

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Nils Petter Molvar's album "Khmer". ECM, 1997. One of my absolute favorite jazz fusion hard chuggers ever. She works those woofers really well. Of particular note: Track 2, Access/Song of Sand I.

RHO

Major Contributor

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Great Music, sounds very good on the big system, and a nice slow bass line starting around 1:40:

This is the spectrogram from the CD VOYAGER (best of compilation):
View attachment 147192

Thank you for your sharing this link. I like it very much.

I successfully downloaded the video by 4K Video Downloader, extracted the sound into intact aiff format, cut-off the first 7 sec portion by Adobe Audition 3.0.1, then added it into my audio sampler music playlist in JRiver MC28.

Just for our reference, I analyzed the fq spectrum of the aiff file by Adobe Audition 3.0.1;
WS002445.JPG

Yes, the slow bass sound is amazingly clear and smooth; it goes down to ca. 28 Hz at the end of the track. Really nice to enjoy, and it is a wonderful bass-test track for my multichannel multi-driver (multi-way) multi-amplifier stereo system with big L&R sub-woofers. Of course, not only the bass sound, but also the high fq string sounds are so clear and beautiful.

Thank you, again!

Last edited:

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Thank you for your sharing this link. I like it very much.

I successfully downloaded the video by 4K Video Downloader, extracted the sound into intact aiff format, cut-off the first 7 sec portion by Adobe Audition 3.0.1, then added it into my audio sampler music playlist in JRiver MC28.

Just for our reference, I analyzed the fq spectrum of the aiff file by Adobe Audition 3.0.1;
View attachment 155962

Yes, the slow bass sound is amazingly clear and smooth; it goes down to ca. 28 Hz at the end of the track. Really nice to enjoy, and it is a wonderful bass-test track for my multichannel multi-driver (multi-way) multi-amplifier stereo system with big L&R sub-woofers. Of course, not only the bass sound, but also the high fq string sounds are so clear and beautiful.

Thank you, again!
Sorry, I responded to wrong post. Please ignore....

Last edited:

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’d have add Kate Bush 50 Words for Snow. Beautiful recording.

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Great bass drum at 30 Hz:
View attachment 156067
Are you able to do the same analysis, but for each individual channel?

In my home stereo setups, I sensed more shakes on the right side of my body. Using AKG 371, I also felt more pressure on the right. It would be great if stronger right side feels can be confirmed with your analysis.

Thanks!

Propheticus

Are you able to do the same analysis, but for each individual channel?

In my home stereo setups, I sensed more shakes on the right side of my body. Using AKG 371, I also felt more pressure on the right. It would be great if stronger right side feels can be confirmed with your analysis.

Thanks!
Heilung - Traust (official track premiere)-HVw_1RZncec.png

Don't see any L / R difference in the bass.

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
View attachment 156079

Don't see any L / R difference in the bass.
Should I assume the top is left and bottom is right?

Also, it seems yellow color can be from a range of -15db to 0db. So it is hard to tell the dB difference between the yellow dots.....

If you listen to it using a sub bass capable headphone, do you sense stronger shakes on the right?

Thanks!

Last edited:

snaimpally

William Orbit did a brilliant job producing Madonna's album "Ray of Light". The song "The Power of Goodbye" has some nice deep bass.

Top Bottom