• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Back to Original Purchase

technophreak

It was about 10 years ago that I bought a Creek Evolution 50A integrated amp. This lead to the following 10 years of purchasing more components like DACs, stand alone amps, pre-amps (tube and solid state), turntables, speakers, subwoofers, cables... Always reading the latest reviews on various sites and forums, checking listings on Audiogon and USaudiomart. This site in particular has lead to learning more about objective testing and is the reason I own 2 Topping DACs and a Buckeye amp.

I've now gone full circle after rearranging the audio rack. I hooked back up the Creek and it was that just right listening experience all over again. Who else has gone back to original equipment and a fairly basic setup that, after years of chasing something better, ends up sounding the best?

Currently Using:
- Creek Evolution 50A
- Topping DX7s DAC
- Creek Evolution 50CD
- MoFi Studio Deck Turntable
- Magnepan 1.7i
- Tekton 10-2 subwoofer
- Mix of Blue Jeans RCA and speaker, Amazon speaker, and Monoprice XLR cables

Took out:
- Buckeye NC502MP amp
- ClassDAudio SDS-470C amp
- Jolida Fusion Tube Preamp