• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA: Scaena Speakers, High Fidelity Cables, Dear Prudence and Beatles

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A3198.jpg

093A3201.jpg
093A3200.jpg
093A3199.jpg
093A3202.jpg
093A3203.jpg

093A3206.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This was a large room but was the worst from noise point of view. In each corner 2-3 people were having their own meeting, chatting away and interfering with music. Worse yet, the front row seats were taken by these people who would not leave. After some 15 minutes of waiting and suffering, finally the front row cleared. I run over there and to my huge dismay I hear, "we need to clear the room now for Myles." Clear the room? A couple of minutes go by and then it happened: an announcement was made that there was a special event to happen. Folks started to leave the room and in my grumpy mood I asked, "so when will we hear some music on their system?" Before the man in charge could answer, this delightful lady said, "oh, you don't have to leave. I know you are here to listen to music and we will play music."

093A3205.jpg

Then the man in charge said, "we did not do a good job of introducing Prudence. Prudence Farrow is "the" Prudence as in the Beatles Dear Prudence song!"

Turns out Myles was brought in as a side show to "interview her" but in reality the event was all about her. And boy, did she do a fantastic job of bringing insight to who Beatles were and their history of living in India and the thought and inspirations that went into their songs. A most delightful 30+ minute chat and Q/Q ensued and became one of the highlights of the show.

093A3204.jpg

Thinking I was perhaps insulting with my comment earlier I approached her and thanked her for a delightful talk. And wouldn't you know it, she was so nice as to apologize to me again for disrupting the flow of the show! And the gentleman in charge (on the left above) also apologized and said I could have private time to hear the system later. I thanked and apologized to him too and walked away with a smile on my face.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Now she can add that she's met The King of Audio in her next book or speaking engagement.

How do Line Source (if that's what they are) speakers compare to what you like?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I only heard them while the room was noisy and I was grumpy. So no real expression of them. Here is some of the music that was played though:

Night Time by The xx. http://shz.am/t49967710

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
Myles, not Miles. Myles is an audio reviewer and staunch subjectivist, analog guy.
Oh him. Was there a turntable there somewhere?? R-R??

With those funky subs and the better gas mileage cables, looks like something from Back to the Future.

Top Bottom