• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA 2022 ASR Meetup

OP
MediumRare

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey cool. Said owner here. Appreciate the visit :)
Hey David, it was great to talk with you and listen to your amazing system. Wilson has a bad name around here but IMO it was a highlight of the show.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Keep ‘em coming! I’m like 75% to go tomorrow
Looking through pictures I decided against going. From the pictures it looks like a huge proportion of exhibitors and attendees are maskless (edit - “massless” as this post originally read would’ve been quite a feat and well worth seeing!). While I had hoped for higher levels of civility and decency, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised given we live in a country where people selfishly ripped off their masks mid-flight without any regard for the people around them. (Masks primarily protect other people, not the wearer.) Hopefully next year the risks will be lower, and children under 5 will have a vaccine.

Last edited:

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hear at the last day the hardware gets sold for a pittance, otherwise it goes straight to the landfill.
Pic me up the ATCs, if you don't mind ;-)

DSJR

Major Contributor
I hear at the last day the hardware gets sold for a pittance, otherwise it goes straight to the landfill.
Pic me up the ATCs, if you don't mind ;-)
Considering the pasting that UK made stuff gets around these parts, I'm amazed the ATC's were liked. Were they the actives do you know? Bloody well should be for the price...

OP
MediumRare

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looking through pictures I decided against going. From the pictures it looks like a huge proportion of exhibitors and attendees are maskless (edit - “massless” as this post originally read would’ve been quite a feat and well worth seeing!). While I had hoped for higher levels of civility and decency, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised given we live in a country where people selfishly ripped off their masks mid-flight without any regard for the people around them. (Masks primarily protect other people, not the wearer.) Hopefully next year the risks will be lower, and children under 5 will have a vaccine.
You are correct - 98% of people were not masked; I did wear a mask and I understand your POV. Next year!

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
From the pictures it looks like a huge proportion of exhibitors and attendees are maskless
You are correct - 98% of people were not masked; I did wear a mask and I understand your POV. Next year!
Just a note guys, i posted about the things we put in front our faces and how they are beneficial to my hayfever. It was deleted because it's about that illness. I suspect your posts are in danger as well.

snowball

I didn't get to near as many rooms as I wanted to. I saw some mics and DSP corrected rooms like HAL.
PXL_20220423_163351405.jpg
PXL_20220423_163146894.jpg

End of the Day Linkwitz was my winner for the money. Sent an email to madisound to get on their wait list for a flat pack last night.

Top Bottom