• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Technica ATLP 120XUSB

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I was indeed considering this? What do you think?

Edifier S2000MKIII Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf 2.0 Speaker

Does turntable only have USB out?

If so you might need this...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-27-01-51-47-122_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-27-01-51-47-122_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 13

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a typical tt except it has an onboard phono stage.
I don't know, not familiar with the turntable in question.
I wasn't quite accurate in my comment, this model has usb, as well as analog output (analog both with and without internal phono pre-amp). So good for connection to traditional audio systems or a computer for recording....

Ze Frog

It's a typical tt except it has an onboard phono stage.
Yeah, I get it now, just looked it up. I'm a bit green with USB turntables, I assumed it's output was done exclusively via USB, lol, rookie error.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, I get it now, just looked it up. I'm a bit green with USB turntables, I assumed it's output was done exclusively via USB, lol, rookie error.
Some even have BT/wifi capabilities these days. My 40 year old basic manual tt has none of that, tho....

Ze Frog

Archimago did some measurements of the S2000MKIII here, and it's a bit of a trainwreck: https://archimago.blogspot.com/2020/10/qspins-audioengine-a2-edifier-s2000-mk.html
Oh wow, really!
I was sure I'd seen measurements by Amir for this one where it was ok, especially for the price. It's rated highly on Amazon as well. Not sure about elsewhere, but here in the UK, they are probably a good deal to casual listener's though, seemed to offer a lot for the money, even a remote control.

Ze Frog

Some even have BT/wifi capabilities these days. My 40 year old basic manual tt has none of that, tho....
Yeah, I'd have to get just an old manual one. Don't have a record player at present, but it's something I'll likely revisit at some point for sure.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, I'd have to get just an old manual one. Don't have a record player at present, but it's something I'll likely revisit at some point for sure.
Personally I wouldn't bother on spending more on vinyl. I haven't bought a new vinyl disc since the 90s. I still have my Technics SL1200mk2 since 85 and have changed cartridges a few times. I had an accident with what I thought was my last one, replaced it with a Shure M97eX before they disapppeared and that's probably my last as little as I play vinyl now.

OP
V

VinceA

Attached taken from the box....Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_5170[1].JPG
    IMG_5170[1].JPG
    324.7 KB · Views: 22

staticV3

Master Contributor
Wow...certainly their size is something I hadn't considered...May now think about the A5s as another option...Thanks!
Do you mean the Audioengine A5+? Don't think an A5s model exists.

For the A5+, you can find measurements, listening impressions, and EQ suggestions here:

OP
V

VinceA

Do you mean the Audioengine A5+? Don't think an A5s model exists.

For the A5+, you can find measurements, listening impressions, and EQ suggestions here:
Yep, A5+...A bit more expensive (with Btooth) than the Edifiers S2000MKIII..Thanks!!

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
If your daughter is going to be listening only to vinyl, and little else, I suggest that you buy the Polk S10's and the Sony STRDH190 (or the Yamaha AS202). Both have a phono preamp. Both are within your budget and will give you quite good SQ. The stock phono cartridge is good, but the Ortofon Red would be a noticeable upgrade (even better, Ortofon Blue).

Top Bottom