• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audeze SINE Review (Closed Back Headphone)

sofastreamer

did anyone try the versper on ear pads? do they deliver the original sine sound?

I bought pretty much every aftermarket pads including aviators and what not, which in sum are worth the price of the headphones, but literally none of them deliver the same sound the originals do. specially in soundstage depth, imaging and layering but also in bite. I guess because all of them have a too large opening and are too thick and soft.
Only the originals deliver the sound that made these headphones special, at least to me.

i might be the only guy on the planar that prefers on ears to over ears in comfort, so the original pads made the sines the only planars i have that i didnt notice beeing on my head after a few minutes. also the on ear design helps with heat and convenience.
Besides comfort they still are the most open sounding and best layered planars i heard at least with original pads.

so any tipps for pads that exactly resemble the original sound and fit are much appreciated.

Leif

did anyone try the versper on ear pads? do they deliver the original sine sound?

I bought pretty much every aftermarket pads including aviators and what not, which in sum are worth the price of the headphones, but literally none of them deliver the same sound the originals do. specially in soundstage depth, imaging and layering but also in bite. I guess because all of them have a too large opening and are too thick and soft.
Only the originals deliver the sound that made these headphones special, at least to me.

i might be the only guy on the planar that prefers on ears to over ears in comfort, so the original pads made the sines the only planars i have that i didnt notice beeing on my head after a few minutes. also the on ear design helps with heat and convenience.
Besides comfort they still are the most open sounding and best layered planars i heard at least with original pads.

so any tipps for pads that exactly resemble the original sound and fit are much appreciated.
I bought some, as for the sound, I can only say they sounded great, no idea if they sound the same. I hated the original ear pads. However, the headphones are IMO junk, very badly made. On mine the ear pads, the cable and an ear piece all failed.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I like the Vespars, and I've always liked the Sine, although I can't really answer your question. I picked mine up on Ebay for about $80 I think, but one of the speakers failed. I got two new speakers put in by Audeze for $100 a couple of years ago, so like new.

Top Bottom