• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Assistance on Denon AVR X3400H

DEcosse

I have a x3400H - it had been working perfectly and all of a sudden, in middle of a stream. ALL the audio went out - video remained intact, but in mid-sentence all audio just went out completely
I tried other inputs, incl tuner and still nothing; also a firmware update (to see if it would reset some aspects without losing all my settings)
Went to the speaker test tone and got nothing on the first one (left front) - nor would it change the level value, or be able to select the other speakers; it would go 'back' but when tried again, same thing, stalls on the first speaker without allowing any changes to the value or ability to select other speakers.
Ultimately I tried a factory reset:
During Initialization it got to the speaker setup; when it started to test left speaker, the setup froze - I did not hear anything regardless, but it would not progress, NOR back from that point in the setup;
Did another re-initialization, got to same point and again re-froze
I re-initialized and this time skipped that part of the setup - proceeded to set everything else up
During the Internet setup it tries different preset audio links for sound - I got nothing audible on any of the 4 links tested
Then went back to manual speaker setup - again got the same issue as previous to reset - i.e. it stalls on the first speaker, no audio tone, cannot adjust that speaker level, nor change to another speaker, but will go 'back'

It seems like a hardware problem - not sure where to go from here?
Any advice appreciated - I can diagnose electronics, but not without a schematic - other than looking for obvious degraded components

Is there anyone with experience of Denon Receivers that can help point me in the right direction?

Top Bottom