• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR Needs A Power Index on the reviews

dweeeeb2

One omission from the review index that I feel is needed is power rating next to the amplifier. It would save an awful lot of review reading.

IPunchCholla

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One omission from the review index that I feel is needed is power rating next to the amplifier. It would save an awful lot of review reading.
Perhaps a new unit: (price/watts@clipping)*SINAD. It could be an Amir.

dweeeeb2

Perhaps a new unit: (price/watts@clipping)*SINAD. It could be an Amir.
Smarter people than I can come up with that. However if too complex the info is lost, and also gets to much of a drain to do for every review. Prices change etc. I think it just needs to be a simple measured value (already done as part of normal review), and have it shown on the review index table. ie: 80/150* = measured power into 8ohm/4ohm and the astrix means the amp can be bridged. EDIT: Maybe 80/150S* S=stereo M=mono O=other *=can be bridged

Last edited:

Waxx

Major Contributor
I think in general that that overview should be more searchable by more factors than now, now it's hard to find a specific type of device (like a power amp) of a certain wattage and so. I know that is a lot of work, and appreciate what is already there. But if you do want to change something about that list, that is what is most needed, a good and extended search engine on it.

Top Bottom