• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arylic B50

Utilitarian TV

I recently acquired the Arylic B50 Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier with built-in audio Transmitter/Receiver. The B50 features 50W x 2 at 24V into 4ohms & 30W into 8 ohms. That may not sound massively impressive but it drove my Dali Oberon 5's (rated at 6ohms up to 150W) with ease. What surprised me was the variety of interfaces on offer, including HDMI ARC, Phono in, RCA in, Optical in, USB Host, USB type C for PC audio(DAC), and Subwoofer. HDMI ARC is PCM only so I had to change my TV settings to PCM and turn on CEC. CEC worked well and I was able to use my TV remote to adjust the B50s volume and place the TV & amp into standby. Bluetooth APTX HD was stable and sounded good from my phone using Amazon HD Music. Also, it's pleasing to see that you can transmit Bluetooth to two devices. The phono is usable for a beginner but I prefer to stick to using my Schiit Mani 2 to handle my vinyl needs. The one thing that let it down was the USB. It sounded good but I was unable to see my folders or files, which makes it very difficult to navigate. Hopefully, a potential update in future will fix this? I appreciate that many people prefer to bypass their tone controls but I was pleased to see that the app included them and some equalizer pre-sets. Ultimately, priced at under £150, this is quite a lot of amp for the money. Soundbar manufacturers beware! Arylic B50 Review

Attachments

• front 2.jpg
    front 2.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 539
  • back 2.jpg
    back 2.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 407
  • app.jpg
    app.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
very very hard to say bad things about this for the money especially since it has a grab bag of "unique selling points"
god where do i start...

1. phono but pretty mediocre stage

2. hdmi arc but only pcm (fine)

3. sub out (I think its controllable thru the app)

4. BT streaming to your BT headphones! (this is a sought after feature for a lot)

5. its own app ctrl w/ some dsp

5. and now the final punch... it has s/w dsp control via 'ACPworkbench', granted its a $20 ask

for $130... it packs of a lot of crap inside assuming you find this useful

here's an internal pic off reddit:

RWL2023

Despite what you claim in your video, the crossover is actually a crossover, not just a low pass filter for the subwoofer output - that's a big deal of this amplifier! The selected frequency is both the low pass of the subwoofer output and the high pass of the speaker outputs.

Do you / does anyone know the real wattage of this amplifier? I'm not interested in 4 ohms, so I'm wondering if it's really 30 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms, at full bandwidth, low THD, etc. (not less)?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i dont think the OP used the app much

BUT the reality is the cuttoff is too coarse... it goes from 50-100-150-200 etc. silly!

IMO if you buy the B50 and that sort you sort of are getting a joke amp that fills in and that's it

that's why i avoided this until the BP50

these things have massive caveats but at the price i'm ok with it

SETI81

I received it today, replacing the smallest of the T Amp precisely because it is equipped with many convenient inputs, I use it on two self-built speakers with Fostex Fe126en fullrange with sensitivity of 93 dB and at least using it via Bluetooth and the optical input for you get a good volume I have to put it practically at maximum, I therefore think that from these two inputs it is not possible to exploit the declared 30 w into 8 ohm. With the T-Amp I used before I practically never exceeded half or a little more of the maximum volume and this amplifier delivers about 7w into 8 ohms. Apart from this little problem I can say that I like how it sounds, certainly warmer and less tiring to listen to than the T-Amp with more present bass but less detailed

Top Bottom