• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are B.M.C. Audio out of business?

PO3c

Sent them mail and got a very late respond where they confirmed the part I needed where stock.
Then when I ordered the new LEF module I never heard back from BMC Audio. Waited 4 weeks in case they only have a single operator on summer vacation. Sadly at no avail.
Today I tried calling their number in Germany and is informed the number is not in use.

Anyone have any new contact information, — or other ways to get custom parts for B.M.C. Audio products?
I'm hoping there might be another company now taking care of old BMC customers?

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
I checked, and they still seem to be registered as current, so at least officially the company is not dead. You are probably correct when it comes to suspecting a smallish-sized operation. I did get through to their fax at least, so maybe you were just unlucky and their internet connection was having trouble at that exact time (the joys of VoIP).

OP
P

PO3c

All good! :) Today I finaly got through on phone. Possible my own wrong doing as this time I copy paisted the number on my phone just to be sure. My thinking @AnalogSteph confirming the fax was working on extension 69 their 61 extention should also work.

My understanding BMC are moving location and doing construction. Where it seems their mail account haven't been looked after while this is going on.

Got all my question answered and they even did their best not to sell me parts I could not make use of. Next step get an invoice, pay it and then hope to enjoy music again when a new LEF module arrive.

For a long time had intermittent static noise from one channel on my CS2. Then when temperature this summer rised the problem got unbearable. Changing LED modules between channels revealed the problem source. No soldering needed. Simply remove two screws and unplugg the module.

Jab69

Coincidentally, after searching and searching for some information on the internet, I found this thread.

For two weeks I have been trying to contact B.M.C.-Audio by email and I have not received any response from them. Not even an automatic response explaining the situation (I don't understand it, being German).

From what I read here, it seems that they are out of service due to a transfer of headquarters. It's right? Is there any other way to contact other than by phone or when will they be back in business?

OP
P

PO3c

You might try to call them. I've not done so again but can tell you B.M.C. never send me an invoice and my amp is still in limbo.

I find this strange given they told be the part where in stock. Makes me speculate if the business side of things with bank account etc. might not be in place. Or they don't have access to the inventory.

But yeah, an autoresponder for the business email account should be in place if they intent to continue the B.M.C. brand.

Jab69

I'll try, but frankly this silence on the part of the brand seems very strange and inexplicable to me. I find it hard to believe that due to a change of headquarters they have stopped their activity for two months now. Anyway, this situation makes me fear the worst, but this is the risk that small new brands like this have.

Top Bottom