• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aprerion audio Super tweete speakers

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
A guy in youtube showing these speakers, the speakers have 5 present crossover point and can be used from 8khz up to 40khz..
1636561707396.png

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They offer more models of such addon super tweeters, this one is more interesting as its a dipole and can be used for example to increase the sound power in the last octave like some audiophile loudspeakers having an additional, often switchable, tweeter on the rear or top baffle. On the other hand such added tweeter will add also interference patterns and problems and for its price you can get decent real loudspeakers instead, so I rather see it as a toy like a tube amp for audiophiles which like trial and error experimenting and are usually never satisfied with what they have but never would admit it.

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
They offer more models of such addon super tweeters, this one is more interesting as its a dipole and can be used for example to increase the sound power in the last octave like some audiophile loudspeakers having an additional, often switchable, tweeter on the rear or top baffle. On the other hand such added tweeter will add also interference patterns and problems and for its price you can get decent real loudspeakers instead, so I rather see it as a toy like a tube amp for audiophiles which like trial and error experimenting and are usually never satisfied with what they have but never would admit it.
I guess its a really cood idea, its like adding a sub lol.
But what about the time alignment between the speaker tweeter and that super tweeters speakers?

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess its a really cood idea, its like adding a sub lol.
But what about the time alignment between the speaker tweeter and that super tweeters speakers?
Unfortunately time alignment cannot work as well as adding subs because the distance of the two tweeters is larger than the radiated wavelengths so there always be interference patterns under angles.

Top Bottom