• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

Mikomikomikomiko

I'm sure I briefly tried it to see if the oratory1990 PEQ settings sounded the same as with my miniDSP 2x4 HD though a Schiit Heretic amp, and I don't remember anything notable about the results, so I guess it was fine. I use the latter combo every day, and it works great.

mind sharing how you got your airpods Max to play? my dac recognizes them but I can’t hear anything! Source is iPhone/ipad with usbc.

barreleye

wait, i have the white version of that same exact cable, is there a difference in the colors?

And so once you plug everything in, your iphone is able to play through the 5k wired?
Color doesn't matter. It just has to be the expensive Apple-branded bidirectional cable. Plug the Lightning end into your APM and the 3.5 mm end into an analog source, and you get audio in your APM.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Color doesn't matter. It just has to be the expensive Apple-branded bidirectional cable. Plug the Lightning end into your APM and the 3.5 mm end into an analog source, and you get audio in your APM.

Yes, it's not like the regular Lightning-to-headphone adaptor, there are additional electronics to make it work.

Last edited:

IPunchCholla

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, it's not like the regular Lightning-to-headphone adaptor, there are additional electronics to make it work.
And it’s super thin. Perfect for my cat to chew on. I can’t wait till someone makes an armored version of that cord.

barreleye

I just did. It works fine. I used oratory filters. The resulting timbre is better balanced but lacks some slam
He designs his EQs such that bass and treble bands can be adjusted to preference. For APM, 17 Hz (subbass) and 105 Hz (bass) are available. The 105 Hz shelf seems pretty consistently present across all his EQs.

Top Bottom