• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone seen/read Mackie MR x24 series measurements ?

Hiten

Hi all,
has any one seen or read Mackie MR x24 series monitor measurements on web or magazine ? Can you provide any links ? Just comparing different brands and have not seen any on the web.
Thanks.

OP
Hiten

Hiten

Thanks staticV3.
any links for MR624 and MR824 ?

Aytac604

Hi.

I have those 824s. They are really great and I love them. But before the purchasing, I could not found any measurement, too.

Now, I am thinking to get a ECM8000 to measure them.

OP
Hiten

Hiten

I found some basic measurements on youtube review video. Here is the Link;
Graphs at around 7:25
regards.

Aytac604

Thanks a lot.

I am a bit newbie in monitor systems so I cannot say a lot of things about them. But again, we do not know how the measurements were obtained but I think, although there are some dip and boost, the results are not bad as compared to the KRK, Adam T-Series and Kalis.

What is your opinion?

staticV3

Master Contributor
But again, we do not know how the measurements were obtained
S&R's measurements were obtained in an anechoic chamber with professional equipment.

Overall, Mackie's MRx24 line of studio monitors just doesn't seem competitive with its rivals from Adam, JBL, Kali, and Swissonic. IMO.

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks a lot.

I am a bit newbie in monitor systems so I cannot say a lot of things about them. But again, we do not know how the measurements were obtained but I think, although there are some dip and boost, the results are not bad as compared to the KRK, Adam T-Series and Kalis.

What is your opinion?
The entire review and measurements are available HERE. You'll have to translate from German. Not sure why you can't obtain the full measurements etc. on soundandrecording.de anymore.
Prof. Anselm Goertz performed the measurements and wrote the review. He is well qualified for this.
Measurements don't look terrible, especially for the price. I think Prof. Goertz felt they were very good value considering the price.

Aytac604

S&R's measurements were obtained in an anechoic chamber with professional equipment.

Overall, Mackie's MRx24 line of studio monitors just doesn't seem competitive with its rivals from Adam, JBL, Kali, and Swissonic. IMO.

Thanks for your opinion.

As I said before, I am not pro but I realized that some time ago, there are two groups of monitors. First group are those expensive and pro-ones like, Adam'a A-series, Genelecs, Neumanns, maybe Focals and Mackie's HR-series. The other group is the budget ones, KRK Rokits, Adam T-Series, Kali LP-Series, Mackie MR-Series, JBLs and of course Yamahas. None of them budget ones is perfect and has some weakness. But at the end of day, the sound-wise they have not a massive difference, at least for me. I think, those MRs can compete with them easily.
:)

Note: I am not a fan boy and contentious. :p

Aytac604

The entire review and measurements are available HERE. You'll have to translate from German. Not sure why you can't obtain the full measurements etc. on soundandrecording.de anymore.
Prof. Anselm Goertz performed the measurements and wrote the review. He is well qualified for this.
Measurements don't look terrible, especially for the price. I think Prof. Goertz felt they were very good value considering the price.

Thank you again for the full review and information about reviewer. This is great.

And yes, they don't look terrible or absurd, according to rivals.

Top Bottom