• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any similarities between F1 and audio?

Holmz

Major Contributor
I agree that relying on a single performance score for a speaker is probably absurd. However, there is plenty of people who just want to be told what's best.

I’ll take “absurd” over going in blind with no measurements… any day, and twice on Sunday.

When combined with compression, impedance, impulse response, and step function response, one (or I) get some value out of it.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I’ll take “absurd” over going in blind with no measurements… any day, and twice on Sunday.

When combined with compression, impedance, impulse response, and step function response, one (or I) get some value out of it.
I get lots of value from the multiple tests.
The only thing I consider absurd is a single score being considered of crucial value. I carefully read the data and don't even look at the "score"

Top Bottom